Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Is it good to have own website?

Mahabub Hassan

Credits
If you are in business, you must have your own website.

Some people think only having a Facebook Fanpage is enough. What happens if Facebook discontinues those, or starts charging you lots and lots of money for them?

So yes, have your own business website. It is your store-front on the internet and is simply another marketing channel for people to get to know you, like you, and trust you enough to do business with you.

It's also a great referral tool to have your happy customers give your URL address to their friends and associates too.

I have free video series on what ever business owner should know about their website.

As always, my best to you --

Advertisement Placeholder
Yeah it's best to own your own website. Facebook pages are nice but you're very limited with what you can do.

Yes because when you own it, you can do whatever you want with it.

Exactly. You have server limitations, down time, etc. but other than that, you are in control.

The only down side is that it can be more difficult to get a brand new site off the ground than it can be to launch a simple facebook page. This goes for both the actual creation and the SEO.

There is definitely a lot of work that goes into it and it can get expensive really quickly but it is the price to pay for being able to have things your way.

It's good to own a website, compared to a facebook page, or another social media group such as Google+ Community. There are limitations if you own a group on social media since you don't technically own it, the company do. Research the advantages to owning a online community.

There are limitations if you own a group on social media since you don't technically own it, the company do. Research the advantages to owning a online community.

To put it in another way, think of renting hosting like your renting your own commercial space verses renting office space from a company who offer such.

It seems like like there's a lot of small family owned businesses that don't have their own website, and only have a social network page. There's actually a couple of local restaurants that have an official Facebook page, and nothing else. In this day and age, I really don't get why any business owner would limit themselves like that. Businesses should always have their own website.

It seems like like there's a lot of small family owned businesses that don't have their own website, and only have a social network page. There's actually a couple of local restaurants that have an official Facebook page, and nothing else. In this day and age, I really don't get why any business owner would limit themselves like that. Businesses should always have their own website.

As it requires "just minutes" to setup and virtually no maintenance. However as you mentioned this severely limits a business potential on the internet.

Plus if said business took the time to sign up with a quality shared provider then said provider could work with the business to make their setup and maintenance a little easier (setting up their various accounts, auto installer, and so on).

It depends if your actually dedicated to it or not. :yum:

Actually either way you bound to not get much if any success. If you can't be dedicated into it then you shouldn't be running it period.

Too often people get "hung up" on the idea of being their own boss or whatnot and they think "I can do whatever I want..." but either don't know/understand that there are considerable responsibilities as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds