Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it better to go with keywords that are not as commonly used?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
A friend of mine was telling me to try this for one of my sites and I am not sure if it is worth it.

So he said that instead of focusing on something like "Blue", "Car", "Summer" - I go with "Navy", "Vehicle", "July".

He is saying to switch up my keyword focus to try and gain traffic from similar words but ones that aren't as used.

Thoughts?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never heard of using uncommon keywords to attract more traffic to your blog or site.

Instead, I have always read and heard almost everywhere that you should use those commonly used keywords that your targeted audience is searching for.

But still, you can give it a try (if you want to) and see the results, but I'm sure about that.

i would basically not advise you to go with your friend idea, the world has pass that stage of guess work, there are a lot of tools out there that helps reduces the uncertainty you are facing with keyword research.

There are many tools available that help reduce the uncertainty you are facing with keyword research, so I would basically advise against following your friend's suggestion. The world has moved past the stage of guesswork.

I'll not suggest this method. Because keywords aren't commonly used doesn't automatically make them viable or useful per se. If those keywords aren't popularly searched, you might end up wasting time.

There are a lot of tools available that help reduce the uncertainty you are facing with keyword research, so I would basically advise against following your friend's suggestion.

A friend of mine was telling me to try this for one of my sites and I am not sure if it is worth it.

So he said that instead of focusing on something like "Blue", "Car", "Summer" - I go with "Navy", "Vehicle", "July".

He is saying to switch up my keyword focus to try and gain traffic from similar words but ones that aren't as used.

Thoughts?
The fact that a keyword isn't used frequently does not really necessarily make it feasible or valuable. You can squander a lot of time if such terms aren't frequently searched.

Thoughts?

It is generally better to go with keywords that are less common, as this can help you to stand out from the competition and increase the chances of your content being seen. Additionally, choosing less common keywords can help you to target an audience that is more specific, which can help to improve the effectiveness of your content and increase the chances of conversions. However, it is important to make sure that the keywords you choose are relevant to your content and are being searched for by your target audience.

When you are targeting keywords, you need to choose keywords that are moderately searched. Moderately searched keywords that getround 5k monthly search hits. If you use uncommon keywords, you will not get any traffic even if you can rank high.

Thoughts?
Using generally used keywords to optimize your web page or material for search engine optimization (SEO) may help to increase your search ranks and bring more people to your website. This is because common terms and phrases are frequently prioritized by search engines such as Google.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds