Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is It A Wise Idea To Invest Money In Older Products?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
We know that the technology is evolving a lot. Older things are becoming obsolete by the passage of time. Despite this, there are still many companies that seem to manufacture products that are based on old technology or many people might be selling products that are quite old. So, would it be a wise idea to invest in such kind of products?

Advertisement Placeholder
Generally speaking, investing in older products is a bad decision because they could be out-of-date or unprofitable. The wiser choice is usually to put your money into more recent products with a bigger potential return. Older items can also cost more to maintain and may not have the comparable capabilities or advantages as newer ones.

Without knowing what you mean by older products, it is difficult for me to answer the question properly. There are thigs that gain value as they grow older, for instance, wine, or paintings.

Personally i do not think there is anything wrong with it being an old products or new one, the most important thing is that it is still in demand. If the product is still in demand then you will definitely make profit.

You can invest in a older products because we have some products that can last forever so it will be absolutely reliable to invest in this with long term aims and see the results afterwards. Also choose a reliable old products for you to have profit u want.

The most important thing to me is that they are actually providing value. If something is providing value then I do not mind to keep on buying it but I will not just by because it is old.

I do not think that it is ideal to invest your money on old items because the demand must have gone down and it's going to affect the turnover rate.

Without knowing what you mean by older products, it is difficult for me to answer the question properly. There are thigs that gain value as they grow older, for instance, wine, or paintings.
I believe he was talking about old product that is no longer in the market,when talking about such products if at all you need to know if people will patronise you selling the product,I believe that if it's possible to fine customer on that you can still invest but if the product is no longer in demand it's better to stay away from it because it's going to be somehow hard to sell it off

I believe he was talking about old product that is no longer in the market,when talking about such products if at all you need to know if people will patronise you selling the product,I believe that if it's possible to fine customer on that you can still invest but if the product is no longer in demand it's better to stay away from it because it's going to be somehow hard to sell it off

I have see some people who like collecting old items, such as old cars, old mobile phones, even older designs watches. If you can find people interested in old products you can certainly make money but it is very unlikely to find buyers, though.

I have a feeling that he's talking about products that I've been existing for long and products that people no longer use very well again but I don't know if it will be a nice idea to invest in them

This topic is kind of ambiguous. Old products as in old technology? I won't invest in such. Like @Nomad said, they are products that are better as they age. Example gold.

This topic is kind of ambiguous. Old products as in old technology? I won't invest in such. Like @Nomad said, they are products that are better as they age. Example gold.
If you mean to talk about gold jewelry, you are wrong, the value of gold jewelry continues to depreciate, however, if you are talking about gold bars, you are right, gold is one of the most secured investment.

If you mean to talk about gold jewelry, you are wrong, the value of gold jewelry continues to depreciate, however, if you are talking about gold bars, you are right, gold is one of the most secured investment.
I think I would disagree here. Or maybe the market in my country is different from that in yours. Gold jewelry in my country are like insurance against the rainy day. I know so many people that sold their gold jewelry for a profit many years after.

I don't think that it is wise to invest in old products that have become obsolete. Only invest in them if they are still marketable. But it is so hard to find them marketable since new trends and fashions keep coming up.

I don't think that it is wise to invest in old products that have become obsolete. Only invest in them if they are still marketable. But it is so hard to find them marketable since new trends and fashions keep coming up.
That.is what I also think if you want to invest in an older product then people and customer need to be in demand for that or else you may end up not marketing it out on time

I think what really matters here is the amount of money you'll earn, if you can earn a considerable amount of money I think that will be a good idea.

What really matter is earning money, if you're going to earn money from Investing on old product I think it is a good idea idea, always know that the mean aim is to earn money and make our ends meet.

Yes, There is no problem absolutely when it comes to investing in older products. If the older products can still make more money for you, Then you have no problem investing in. As an investor, You should only be interested in the money.

Depends on what you're investing in and what for. There is a big community of people out there who still work and use old tech and products, and there are people who also make new tech for old tech. Like old computers getting new custom built boards to utilize newer tech like keyboards, controllers, etc. So there is money there too.

But yeah, old tech is popular to this day and upcycling it has been a popular thing with tech enthusiasts for a while now.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds