Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is a standing desk a good idea for a home office/business?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
I was considering getting myself and my wife each one but they are not cheap. I heard they are good for keeping you from sitting too much throughout the day. My boss mentioned getting them installed at our office this year but it won't be until after summer. Are these worth the cost for a home office?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, a standing desk can be a good idea for a home office or business setting. Standing desks offer several potential benefits that can improve your overall health, productivity, and well-being.

Yes, a standing desk can be a good idea for a home office or business setting. Standing desks offer several potential benefits that can improve your overall health, productivity, and well-being.

Well, I have tried working online. I find it really difficult to stand and work. I do not know how people manage to stand and work. It is quite uncomfortable because you have to type and typing while standing is quite hard thing to do.

I was considering getting myself and my wife each one but they are not cheap. I heard they are good for keeping you from sitting too much throughout the day. My boss mentioned getting them installed at our office this year but it won't be until after summer. Are these worth the cost for a home office?

Everything depends on how it affects your body system. If you have evaluated everything and see that it is something that will help with your posture throughout your working session, then I think you should buy it irrespective of the price.

Everything depends on how it affects your body system. If you have evaluated everything and see that it is something that will help with your posture throughout your working session, then I think you should buy it irrespective of the price.

Well, I think that standing for too long periods of time is not that great either. This may cause health problems as well. The fact of the matter remains that our body may need to adjust to various positions and this depends entirely on circumstances. A body cannot remains in a single position for a long time until or unless you tend to meditate in a certain position.

I've been thinking about getting a standing desk for myself, as I am in need of a healthier lifestyle. I sit too often and I need to stand up more, get my blood circulating through my body. I don't want just a standing desk though, I want one that can go up and down, so that if you do want to sit, you still have that option.

I've been thinking about getting a standing desk for myself, as I am in need of a healthier lifestyle. I sit too often and I need to stand up more, get my blood circulating through my body. I don't want just a standing desk though, I want one that can go up and down, so that if you do want to sit, you still have that option.

Well, you may get tired even sooner in case if you sit and type a lot. This is because typing a lot can cause a lots of strain on yourself. This could lead to issues and cause health problems. Sitting for long time is never a great idea at all. You must take breaks as well.

This is actually the reason why I try as much as possible to walk around whenever I am taking a break because it is going to allow my body system to enjoy some sort of Liberty from being consigned to a seat for a long time.

If you spend many hours working on a computer, you should certainly invest money in a standing desk. I normally spend 10-12 hours every day working on my computer. Siting for extended hours was creating a lot of health complications for me, therefore, recently I bought an ergonomic desk. And now I feel more relaxed and at ease.

This is actually the reason why I try as much as possible to walk around whenever I am taking a break because it is going to allow my body system to enjoy some sort of Liberty from being consigned to a seat for a long time.

Taking a break is very important. However, sometimes you may be overwhelmed with too much work and this is the time when you have to deal with a lots of work. This could lead to excessive stress in the end, which is obviously not a good sign.

Taking a break is very important. However, sometimes you may be overwhelmed with too much work and this is the time when you have to deal with a lots of work. This could lead to excessive stress in the end, which is obviously not a good sign.

No matter how many works you are supposed to get completed over a period of time, there is no way you can be able to get them done if you end up breaking down because of too much stress. This is why you still have to rest in the matter what.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds