Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

iPhone X - Worth $1000?

ChrisG2010

Reputable member
Credits
The new iPhone X cost $1000. Do you think it is worth that much?
I have had iphone ever since it was iPhone 4. I have had the 4, 4S, 5S, and now the 6S.

Advertisement Placeholder
The new iPhone X cost $1000. Do you think it is worth that much?

*Full disclosure - typed on an iPhone X*

I'm going to say yes; the iPhone X real-estis a tonne faster and has a better camera than my 7+ did. It is also heavier and the glass back means that my fingers are able to grip it easier. I have had times when I've nearly dropped the 7+ because it didn't have the grip that the X has.

I was going to pick up the iPhone X but I decided on getting the Pixel 2 pretty soon.

I do think it's worth $1,000, though.

I was going to pick up the iPhone X but I decided on getting the Pixel 2 pretty soon.

I do think it's worth $1,000, though.
I'd recommend looking up the problems with the Pixel 2, apparently there's a lot of screen issues. Had some customers in the phone shop today telling us as we don't stock the Pixel.

On topic though, I do think so. The iPhone X has incredible benchmark scores, especially compared to the older models. It looks good, feels good and overall it performs very well. I'd definitely say it's worth the money. We've just had the demos in store and we've been playing around with them today. I'll probably get myself one very soon!

I'd recommend looking up the problems with the Pixel 2, apparently there's a lot of screen issues. Had some customers in the phone shop today telling us as we don't stock the Pixel.

I've heard some of these problems so I'm waiting until I've heard that most of them have been fixed :) if they don't get fixed, I'm definitely picking up the iPhone x !

How is any phone worth that? Apples premiums are getting ridiculous. It's actual madness that won't stop all the time people are actually willing to spend that sort of money. I would strongly recommend looking at other brands like One+.

How is any phone worth that? Apples premiums are getting ridiculous. It's actual madness that won't stop all the time people are actually willing to spend that sort of money. I would strongly recommend looking at other brands like One+.
Apple isn't the only one, though. The note 8 is almost $1,000

Apple isn't the only one, though. The note 8 is almost $1,000

True, its getting way out of hand. The specs just are not worth the money. Also, how can you enjoy something so expensive without being paranoid something is going to happen to it? I know that there is the option of insurance but that just makes it more money!

True, its getting way out of hand. The specs just are not worth the money. Also, how can you enjoy something so expensive without being paranoid something is going to happen to it? I know that there is the option of insurance but that just makes it more money!
You're right, I'm sure the apple care program is another 300-400 dollars.

I just wait till people go crazy, spend all their money on it and then it has problems and then they fix it and release a new version of it. :p
Then, when everyone is trying to get rid of iPhone X for the next one, here I come in and scoop up the iPhone X for nearly 50% off. :)
1310428654001.png

I somewhat agree there, I've been working in a phone shop for 2 years now and the prices of phones are getting ridiculous! 1,000 is ridiculous for any smartphone at the moment I'd say, but compared to any other phone at this time, it's smashing every other flagship with its benchmarks.

$299 Australian for AppleCare for iPhone X.
I think here in UK it's £199 for Apple Care for the X. On a two year phone contracts that's around £8.29 per month. For a type of 'insurance', that ain't too bad at all.

Jaysus! That's even MORE expensive than ours (with currency conversion).
For AppleCare+ at least but damn, really? I guess the only difference between AppleCare+ and regular insurance is that AC+ doesn't cover loss/theft, but it's still not a bad price in the UK compared to other insurance types. Our insurance in the store I work in is £12pm for the X (loss and theft included).

I somewhat agree there, I've been working in a phone shop for 2 years now and the prices of phones are getting ridiculous! 1,000 is ridiculous for any smartphone at the moment I'd say, but compared to any other phone at this time, it's smashing every other flagship with its benchmarks.

I wouldn't say it "smashes" everything...

Yeah that was a video comparison of the Iphone X and One+ 5. The One+ 5 is half the price, has better specs and beats the iphone on a lot.
Yeah beats it on other specs, but I mean the single-core and multi-core specs on the X are much higher. So technically speaking processor-wise it’s much better, but in terms of other hardware specs, no.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds