Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Internet Browsers

What browser do you use?

• Google Chrome

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Microsoft Edge

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Opera

• Brave

• Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Other [Please tell us what you use]

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Advertisement Placeholder
I will be honest, I will never touch Brave. I dislike its encouragement of NFTs, I dliske its encouragement of cryptocurrency and I have reason to believe that had its CEO and founder not stepped down from the Mozilla Foundation over criticism of his personal donations to anti-same-sex marriage lobbyists, Brave might not even exist.

At work I have to use Edge since I'm not allowed to download anything, which is understandable since it's my work's computer.
Almost reminds me of the days when Internet Explorer was installed in most business places due to being the default browser that came with the OS. I'm glad those days are over!

I've always flip-flopped between Chrome and Firefox, but I think I'm ganna stick with Firefox ever since the adblock controversy on Chrome.

adblock controversy on Chrome.
I think Manifest v3 is going to be very much the point where Chrome's dominance will begin to slow down as this affects more and more people over time.

I think Manifest v3 is going to be very much the point where Chrome's dominance will begin to slow down as this affects more and more people over time.
Agreed I think we are going to see a changing of the tide again.

Sometimes I wish for someone to build another browser from scratch to really shake up the market again. Sadly most new browsers are just based on chromium .

The problem with building a browser from scratch is that it's a *mammoth* effort. Chrome came out of nowhere in 2008 or so with a hefty engineering team behind it and even then it wasn't from scratch; it lifted WebKit which was Apple building on top of Konqueror's KHTML engine. The rapid pace of Google's moving it forward had several consequences - one of which was to ensure the ladder you'd have to climb to compete got ever longer.

Consider: even Microsoft gave up and they'd been doing it since the 1990s.

At one point or another I use them all for testing. Its required in dev, and not just the desktop versions. For 100% coverage it helps if you test with them all on each OS but its not as bad as it was when I first started in development. Back then they varied widely between OS's.

For casual browsing I use Chrome, but the only thing I develop in is FF Dev Edition.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds