Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

If you owned PublicityClerks...

Advertisement Placeholder
If you were the owner of PublicityClerks.com how would you go about competing with BuySellAds? :)

Don't know why, but I'm totally into this idea of "Pay what you want" type fee system. I think such system would be awesome for a site like PublicityClerks and would bring a lot of people in.

Don't know why, but I'm totally into this idea of "Pay what you want" type fee system. I think such system would be awesome for a site like PublicityClerks and would bring a lot of people in.

How would this system work? Are you paying for impressions or what?

How would this system work? Are you paying for impressions or what?

Basically, PublicityClerks would stay the same except the user decides how much of a fee they would like to pay. So, instead of the 10% or whatever PC takes out when someone buys an ad the person selling gets to choose how much of a fee they would like to give to PC.

That make sense?

Basically, PublicityClerks would stay the same except the user decides how much of a fee they would like to pay. So, instead of the 10% or whatever PC takes out when someone buys an ad the person selling gets to choose how much of a fee they would like to give to PC.

That make sense?

So the price of the ad would remain the same but the ad buyer would get to pick the marketplace fee?

Quite possible, but if you look at things like HumbleBundle, they manage to survive off little "donations". I think quite a few people would give a bit of there money to PC to see it survive.

Fair point. Nerdie is the owner of PC. I get the feeling he would rather professionally run PC than survive off donations.

haha - yeah! :D I suppose you would be a generous soul then JLogan!

Nah, it's just the fees can seem crippling on those months when you're in a bind. I know everyone has good months, and bad months of selling ads. So, on a good month I'm sure people will give a little back for letting them get all their money when they were on the struggle.

Ya dig?

If I owned the site, I'd try to make the site more accessible to owners of smaller sites, than BSA. For example I'd allow webmasters to sell ad slots from $1 up and I'd allow much smaller pay outs. Then when the site got really busy, I'd consider increasing the minimum values and start building profitability.

If I owned the site, I'd try to make the site more accessible to owners of smaller sites, than BSA. For example I'd allow webmasters to sell ad slots from $1 up and I'd allow much smaller pay outs. Then when the site got really busy, I'd consider increasing the minimum values and start building profitability.
That's a good way of looking at it. However, Publicity Clerks already allows smaller site that BSA don't. In fact, most websites who use Publicity Clerks, as soon as they are able to switch to BSA, they do so. For more "publicity". The irony xD

That's a good way of looking at it. However, Publicity Clerks already allows smaller site that BSA don't. In fact, most websites who use Publicity Clerks, as soon as they are able to switch to BSA, they do so. For more "publicity". The irony xD
I know it does that, but I have a site which got accepted in BSA yet not in PC! :p

These two sites are very unique, especially BuySellAds because it has been in the game longer. Publicity Clerks is doing very well for competing against BuySellAds so far.

If I were the owner of PC, I would lower the payment limit to withdraw your money, $25 is a bit too high in my opinion. I'd lower it to $5-$10, it encourages people to keep adding advertisements because they know the goal isn't too far away :) If you understand what I'm saying

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds