Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

If you had the cash....

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
If you had the cash what sort of website would you start?

I'd love to start an ad network. I really would like to provide a good alternative to Adsense. MAXCPM offers a good solution for $$$ (although this week they have a discount on their pro offer $300 + $30 a month rather than $2000).

Advertisement Placeholder
A full flooded news and review website with a lot of content writers! :)

Pretty much the same. I'd love to own a hustling and bustling news site with people from all around the world contributing for a common aim. However, on a more personal level, I'd love to be able to own a site that educates people (use money to get like experts in :p) and actually contributes in terms of value to peoples lives than a news story would.

If i had the money though, I'd probably just budget for both. :p

If I had the money, I'm going to start all the ideas people already have on here with the exception of the hosting services.

However, I know someday I'm going to get the money, and I'm going to put most of all the ideas(web related and outside) that I've in my head in to works. the edge I'd have over others would be I'd favour everyone, and not try to over gain.

If i had the cash to start any site i think i would start a new image hosting site like imgur or someimage.com

I wouldn't bother with an AdSense style site these days. There are some people speculating that AdSense might be on the way out, since it's not a big part of Google's overall revenue and it's payouts to site owners have continued to decrease over the years.

I have tried to run a successful social networking site, but actual social network have surfers engaged enough to go for an alternative.

This is mostly a question of personal pride than pursuing financial success, but if I would have the cash I would start over again but this time investing in a powerful advertising campaign to promote such social network.

Why choosing a niche that is over-crowded? It's because of the approach; my social networking site project is based on a personal site, sort of a virtual text game and I want people who join such a community with the goal in mind to share, talk and post about their own experience on-site, not about their daily happenings elsewhere.

If I have and the cash I might make a forex site and apply to become a forex broker. I've read few info about this and they earn every penny a trader that buy and sell currencies. It doesn't matter whether a trader lose or win, a forex broker still gets to earn from them.

I'd love to start my own big hosting company to compete with hostigator and other big hosting companies. But I will provide better hosting and cheaper, help people out :D

If I had the cash id start a adsense alternative like the original poster said. Ive tried alot of the adsense alternatives and they all are pretty crappy. I want to start a adsense alternative that would generate some decent money but provide the best rates to our publishers.

I must be a bigger nerd than I thought because my first thought was creating a site aimed at writers and readers alike. I've wanted to host a site that helped to showcase up and coming talent in the literary world as well as something a bit more risky, kind of a...write-as-you-go deal. Similar to those books we used to read as a kid that gave you two options as far as directions the story could take...choosing option A could mean getting rich and marrying a supermodel while option B could be, "Oops! You slipped off the pier and got devoured by a shark!" I wanted to do a serial novel online and subscribers to the site would be involved in the direction it took...but I chickened out because I didn't think I'd have very many readers :p

I am thinking of creating a local business directory. I believe I will need around $200 to start it. I hope to make money with it.

@iPhonefreak

What are your favorite websites that you want to buy? I am just curious!

Buying great websites is always a good investment. Because you are likely to get your investment back within a few years.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds