Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

If the majority of your community turns against you...

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
Let's create a scenario here.

Let's say some sort of incident happens where a majority of your community turns against you.

Do you...

(a) Shut your community down

And if you do shut it down, do you restart it or do you give up at that point?

Or...

(b) ban everything turning on you and focus on those who are not?

These options of course are when all else fails to try to reason with the majority who are against you.

I'm interested in what everyone would do in this scenario? Or even if something like this has already happened to you as a forum owner?

Advertisement Placeholder
Wow that's a tough one.

It all depends on why they were turning on me, I'd imagine If they disliked me enough, they'd end up leaving and starting a new forum. I genuinely don't know what I would do. Certainly couldn't see myself closing it though.

Wow that's a tough one.

It all depends on why they were turning on me, I'd imagine If they disliked me enough, they'd end up leaving and starting a new forum. I genuinely don't know what I would do. Certainly couldn't see myself closing it though.
I agree.

I'd probably start kicking people in small groups, focusing on the really toxic ones to see if that calm the majority down.

But if we couldn't reason anymore, it's best to kill out toxic groups and ban them, then focus on the ones who are for the community.

It just might mean you have to build the forum up again.

Yeah, it's situational thing, IMO. If they're turning on you because you did something, I'd try to sell the community and leave so the community at least can continue; however, if they're turning just because of their own actions or because of toxicity within the member base, then I would work to remove the toxic substances and try to patch things back together with the rest of the community.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds