Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

If something ranks on Yahoo, does it rank on other search engines?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Yahoo these days is kind of a former shell of itself. It's still a useful search engine and has news and everything else google has, but I feel like mayne it falls a little short compared to Google. If something ranks on Yahaoo, does it rank on the other search engines as well?

Advertisement Placeholder
Most of the search engines have more or less the same algorithm. IN other words, if you do SEO for yohoo, it will also work with Google and Bing. The only difference is the position on SERP

I don't think so, Yahoo is a search engine of it's own I don't think if ranks on Yahoo it will ranks on other search engine. But you can try it and clear all your doubts.

I don't think so, i feel every search engine has it's own way of ranking something. Yahoo might see a thing as rank worthy and other search engines might not see it that way.

The two search engines have their own different algorithm. You can be able to rank high in the Google search engine but then you might not like at all in the Yahoo search engine and that is very normal.

I think the answer is No, they are completely different entities, except google bought one of them or vice versa, which I haven't heard of. I don't think the ranking will reflect on their search engines.

Of course not, except the link or results of that search are shared to the other platforms. Yahoo results would stay on their site alone and nowhere else.
A good way to gain traffic is by using Yahoo answers; do your research and see how it'll help you.

I think most important thing is to let your website rank on Google. there is a chances that owns your website rank on Google search engine it will also rank in some of them English based search engine online.

I think ranking on Google, yahoo and other search engines are not the same because they are all all different from each other, but sometimes they may rank something in the same result because it is absolutely like that.

I think ranking on Google, yahoo and other search engines are not the same because they are all all different from each other, but sometimes they may rank something in the same result because it is absolutely like that.
Because there is a partnership between Google Search Console and Bing Search and alternatively they are the same means you can import your sites from Google Search Console to Bing Search.

If a website rank on Yahoo search engine there is a possibility that it is going to rank as well on Google and other search engine. My major focus is to rank my website on the first page of the search results for the target keywords.

Each and every search engine has its own algorithm, that ranks the pages accordingly. So having a good ranking on Yahoo doesn't automatically improve your ranking in google. You have to perform SEO individually on various search engines like Yahoo, Google, Bing to improve the sites ranking in their respective search results.

It will not directly but indirectly it increase your website's authority means it will help to gain ranks on other search engines too although it is not sure if it is in top 10 but defiantly ranks you.

SEO for Yahoo and Google is not similar. So if you optimise for Yahoo, it doesn’t mean that you affect your rankings on Google. Both have their own algorithm– an automatic system that determines how to rank websites for any given word or phrase.

Yahoo! values inbound linking and backlinks more than Google. This means that if your website has an important number of links, especially qualitative ones, you are going to have very good rankings in Yahoo, even if the rank in Google is not that good.

The search engines works almost in the same way because the quality content or engaging content will definitely make your site rank high on the search engine result page . It is important to write quality content for your website to rank on all the search engine platforms.

I think it is not the case,because the two are structured and make use of different algorithm to carry out their result,they have diiferent criteria for ranking website,Yahoo usually favours off page seo,like backlinksand inbound links,whereas google is for onpage seo.

Search engines are related you may find Bing and Yahoo or Google all visiting your website either also referencing pages and even posting on the site like Google Bot News posting on Bizdustry, but if link is deleted from Yahoo means using bad SEO it will not be ranked on other search engine, opposite is also propable as each one its terms of conditions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds