Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

communitywall.png

General Idle Chatter

Idle Chatter is a small online community that covers a wide range of topics and interests.
Have you checked out XenCustomize yet? They have some really cool add on's that might suit Idle Chatter. ;) More particularly:
I have the Profile Audio Player and Events Manager addons though the Events one isn't fully active yet as it needs some bug fixes :)

Bob is working on an Events addon so I'm keeping my options open on that front.

Last edited:
Some small updates to start off 2024.

Our Events Manager is now up and running

events1.png events2.png events3.png

I've been working on a new navigation system. I hate the default horizontal navigation bar when you have a lot of menu items...the scrolling tabs fuction is just messy, imo.

So I've come up with this (on the left-side) but it is still a work in progress.

navigation.png

And we've now got an active torunament section for video games (again something we will be looking to tie-in with our Events Manager in the future)

tournaments.png

And books are a popular topic on our site so we've now got a dedicated area (book club) running in beta and will be looking at adding some book related events to our Events Manager in due course.

books1.png book2.png

Got a ton of other little bits and pieces that I've modified or tweaked around the site as we refresh for the year ahead including updates to the arcade, member profiles, link directory and our recipe section.

Looks great Gemma! I like that you offer dance classes for your members too, helps keeps them in shape and it's something I haven't seen from a general discussion forum before either! Keep up the awesome work!

Looks great Gemma! I like that you offer dance classes for your members too, helps keeps them in shape and it's something I haven't seen from a general discussion forum before either! Keep up the awesome work!
Thanks. We're more of an community just happens to have a discussion forum to ocassionally come together and discuss interests - recipes, fitness, sport, books, films/tv etc, video games etc.

I co-own a gym, those are pole flexibility workshops so not really dance classes, if you asked me to dance I'd fall over my feet! I have a section on the site only available to members of the gym (informal support etc)

We have listings for all sorts of events - gaming tournaments, social gatherings, art festivals, music festivals, book clubs, fashion shows etc - we recently did Hogmanay where a restaurant reserved tables and provided complimentary drinks for us, and we have another one tonight that some members are attending (I'm jealous, they will be eating haggis and drinking whisky).

We're maybe a little different from the normal forum/community set-up. We build our site around an actual community (where many of us know each other) where as I think most forums exist to try create a community.

Last edited:
Made some final changes to our "book club" layout, audio library, and also a small tweak to the "member stories" area of out member profiles.

Happy with book and audio layouts now and moving on to the next round of site updates

As a side note, we had a good start to 2024 with over 70 new threads and 1000 new messages along with 3 new people joining the site.

Attachments

• bookclub1.png
    bookclub1.png
    963 KB · Views: 1
  • bookclub2.png
    bookclub2.png
    345.7 KB · Views: 1
  • bookclub3.png
    bookclub3.png
    240.7 KB · Views: 1
  • bookclub4.png
    bookclub4.png
    955.9 KB · Views: 1
  • profiles.png
    profiles.png
    945.6 KB · Views: 1
  • audio1.png
    audio1.png
    750.7 KB · Views: 1
  • audio2.png
    audio2.png
    204 KB · Views: 1
  • audio3.png
    audio3.png
    786.4 KB · Views: 1

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor