Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Idea doesn't work!

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Have you ever thought off a brilliant idea right down the very last pixel, got all the colours soted out in your head and a vivid idea of the final product and then when you design it, it just doesn't happen?

That happens all the time for me and it really does annoy me, maybe one day I'll get a design exactly how I want it but until that time comes, I'll pull my hair out!

Advertisement Placeholder
I am not a design person. But I do get what you're talking about. It happens while you programming. You have an algorithm sorted out and when you try to write the actual code, it doesn't work always! And then comes the hair pulling part! :p

I sometimes got this back in the day, I'd have an epic idea in my head, but once I tried to implement it onto Photoshop, It would just look like shit.. and I'd end up scrapping it and rage quitting Photoshop.

PS: TV time for me.

I sometimes got this back in the day, I'd have an epic idea in my head, but once I tried to implement it onto Photoshop, It would just look like shit.. and I'd end up scrapping it and rage quitting Photoshop.

PS: TV time for me.
I know that feel man, its a real pain in the arse. I had an idea today and it was just all like "Hahaha...no."

Yeah it happens to me all the time, but I make it work with what I got.
But you're too awesome to fail so you'll always win. ;o

I know that feel man, its a real pain in the arse. I had an idea today and it was just all like "Hahaha...no."

But you're too awesome to fail so you'll always win. ;o
That's arguable, I fuck up a lot but you just don't see it. :) I have a strict quality guideline and if I don't like it, I trash it.

That happens to anyone designing website templates or blog themes. You can imagine the elements in place all you want or even map things out on paper to get an idea how they might look. But until you start adding the elements together in a template (with html/CSS code, etc), you won't get a sense of how things will look.

And, that's what happened to me on my last big web design project. The owner of the site was so certain what he wanted. But many adjustments had to be made to ensure that it worked.

All the planning in the world didn't prepare me for the many hours of design/graphics work required to make the site template workable.

A few times. I even imagine the final result, but after some time in Photoshop I see that nothing is like I was expecting.

^^ I believe that will happen a lot in Graphics designing!
The feeling sucks imo. This has happened to me when I tried to make some stuffs in GIMP! :/

I am not a graphics person so this doesn't bug me that much! :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds