Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

I pledge to not block ads on..

Teekay

Website
twenty7c.com
Credits
Many of us use adblocking programs/extensions. It's quite convenient especially since it de-clutters the site and stops the annoying pop ads that some sites choose to have. That's all good, but as a site owner myself I have seen the stark difference between the page views that the site get and the ad views. I am not saying remove adblock altogether, but simply make a compromise and allow sites like this forum and others you go on regularly to show their ads. Many of us here have our own sites and many runs ads and I think this would benefit all.

What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
WebGuruBB has an anti adblock system in place.
When we see users who are using ad block this is posted in its place:
dDLFPvc.png

There are some sites out there who will go all out and completely break the site by not loading the css at all for those who have adblock on. Others just wont show certain features for those who do. Likewise, I am thinking of not showing the "download" links in the resource center for those who have it enabled on our site.
Some of them can be smart on the way they deliver there websites to people who have ad block installed.

I have never been a supporter of ad block. Many people who use it only have one excuse and argument which is normally somewhere around the lines of this:
"We have the right to see what we want to see, if I don't want to see ads, then I don't have to".
Well sorry to burst their bubbles, but being on this website is not a "right". It is a privilege. (as outlined in the legal section of our TOS)
You do not have a "right" to be on this website. It is a privilege! That privilege can, and will be removed if necessary.
Therefore, don't be complaining when we bypass your "adblock".

Last edited:
I did see those banners a few times but those were blocked manually.

That's quite a good idea with the download option not showing for those using adblock. Although it might only cause a very temporary pause of adblock before resuming again.

I never block ads because i know what ads mean for a website owner. A day, i see that my ads was blocked after upgrading avast antivirus software, it breaks a lot of website design. When you are a designer, you design your templates with ad place in mind; it is a part of the website that need to be shown!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds