Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How to start a Promotion Forum

Shole

Reputable member
Credits
Ok ok i know what your thinking: ” But this is so overfilled, there are so many forums for this niche.” and i have to agree with you, but there are not many good forums. What all of them lack is activity, and unique services. So in this guide I will explain you a few things, and I am sure I will make you believe that a promotion forum could get you some money.

First things first,

The Design
How many promotion forums did you see with ether the default theme or the default theme but in a different color? Many. And how many did you see in a custom theme that looks brilliant ? Well i know one or two, not considering mine as its fabulous .
The key is to have a good design and logo of course, the logo should be easy to remember and represent you forum. So to have a successful promotion forum you need to have a good design, easy to navigate and not eye damaging (you know what i am talking about, those florescent red and green forums).
But what if you cant create your own theme or dont have the money to buy a custom one? Well then find a free theme that fits your forum, a blue and white is a usually theme for promotion forums. When you find it take that theme and modify it, change the board icons , edit the logo, edit all the icons make it as unique as possible, and you’ll see compliments from the members in your suggestion box after you do that

next up is

Creating an active community
The second thing that most forums lack is activity. I think the average post count for promotion forums is around 1.500 posts in a month, you might think its not bad, but for a promotion forum its very low. This shows that the admin isnt capable of posting enough niche related topics that could bring in new members, make the site show up in google or other search engine. It is true that you cant really control the content of other members, but therefor you can control your own. So why not make it a goal to make at least 20 topics per day, but not just random short topics, make them interesting for visitors/guests and for google’s bots/crawlers. If you manage to create great topics, than you can lure some members for sure.
“But yeah there are so many promotion forums that are bigger than mine and have a lot more posts, how can i compete with their activity?”
Well the positive thing about having so many promotion forums on the internet is that you can promote your site on them and get members from them. If I’d ask you on how many promotion forums you have a account what would your answer be? Just think about it you have at least four accounts and from those four, two you use in a daily basis. Those promotion forums offer exchanges, like post or post for *forum points, the right thing to do is to use those to your advantages, but be prepared not everyone wants to hang around your forum. Thats why you need to make a lot of exchanges , make your forum have a lot of topics that are interesting for visiting members, provide users with services that they need in exchange of *forum points, and most of all you need to be active. As an admin you must be a role model for all the members of your site, you just need to post good topics with correct grammar and you need to post them daily.

this thing is cleared so lets move on to

Promotion Services
If you are familiar with the terms Promotion Services and Promotion Forums, than you know the basics services that every forum uses:
*Posting Packages
*Review Service
*Ad Topic
*Advertising
Now your forum isnt obligated to have all of those but its very important to offer a service for the members. So just add those edit your pricing and post guides on how to use those services. Now you need to stand out of all the rest you need to have a unique service that will profit your members. You need to show the members that you care about them and offer them a service that will help their site. What is it in for me? Well they want to order the service right? And they need the forum points to do so dont they?
So to get what they want they need to post on your forum

so lets finish this off

Staff, Promotion and Forum Software
This is the last part of our short tutorial in which i will explain to you:
1)How to chose staff members
2)How to promote your Promotion forum
3)What software to chose

1)How to chose your staff members

Key factors for this are :
*Maturity
*Activity

*Maturity because you need a staff member that can handle things on time without rage quitting and leaving your forum with a job half way done.
*Activity because you need all of your staff members to show others that they love posting on your forum, this will result in people getting famous on your forum and keep other members around them because of their friendly and fun characteristics

2)How to promote your forum?

Vital points:
*Where do I promote
*What else do I need to do to make my promotion successful

*Where to promote you ask?
Well first of all start with the promotion forums, forums that allow signatures and guest post on webmaster related blogs.
You could always use paid advertising(google AdWords or buyandsell.com). With forums in the same time you create backlinks wich are really really important for your site, but always make the post that has your site in it be a high quality post or it might not give your site the high quality backlink it needs.

*What else should i do to make this a hit promotion?
Things to do on forums:
-Be active
Dont just go there for advertising, you know that member will notice that, and thats not something very smart to do.
Be active, be a user not just a simple bot that promotes his site.
-Make yourself known as a good member of the community (get a lot of *reputation)
People whom you helped will help you too. Always remember that.
-Post quality posts
Dont post only 10 posts in the general board. Try opening discussions that are interesting for members, write a nice guide or something that will make people think that you know a lot about a topic.

Blog Post promotion:
-Dont just spam blogs with a poorly written article
This will be so negative on your forum if you do so, not the part that you wont get accepted, the part that if you get accepted this might damage your forum. As google looks for quality , so if your link is connected to a poorly written blog post than guess what is going to happen, thats right google is going to connect your site to a low quality content
-Try to make an article that is related to your site
This is hard I know, but read guides and try out new methods and it will come to you.

* Words:
-Forum Points:
This is a online forum currency that is a must for a promotion forum. It is used as a payment method for services that other members offer on a promotion forum.
*Posting Packages
Its a service that a promotion forum offers. If you order it you get a specific amount of posts posted on your forum in exchange for forum points.
*Review Service
When you order this service your site will be reviewed by a review team member, which is a staff member of the promotion forum that is considered by the admin as a qualified member to review your site and tell you the bad and the good things about it.
*Ad Topic
Its a simple board where you can share a topic about your board.
*Advertising
Ads that you can have for an amount of forum points. They can be anywhere.

Well I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it

Advertisement Placeholder
This guide is very in-depth. Thanks for writing it! The only question I kind of have if anyone can help me answer it is I am wondering how long it will take to get a promotion forum somewhat active and how much work a day would it take?

Definitely a very useful guide!

I launched a promotion forum before, although I did not continue with it.

I think a webmaster who wants to launch a promotion forum, should focus on getting good design and active staffs.

This guide is very in-depth. Thanks for writing it! The only question I kind of have if anyone can help me answer it is I am wondering how long it will take to get a promotion forum somewhat active and how much work a day would it take?
Running a promotion forum, or any forum at all for that matter will always take a lot of work. You will want to keep active on it daily and post several times a day.

Getting started is always the toughest part. There are numerous articles out there in regards to this. Including things within this article.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds