Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How to promote a website on a low budget?

wallcat

Credits
There are lots of opportunities to try and gain extra traffic to your website if you have the money to spend, but for some of us starting out we might not have a very high budget if anything at all to begin with. Any tips for getting a website up and running if you having little to start with? What free methods have you found to be particularly effective in promoting a website?

Advertisement Placeholder
The easiest and cheapest way to promote a website is through a social media campaign, as starting a group on Facebook or tweeting links on your Twitter don't cost anything.

At first it can be slow progress, but slowly but surely if you keep on top of it and interact with others, you do slowly start to attract the hits. The hardest part I've found is getting people on the social media across then to your actual site, but with a bit of hard work you can make it happen.

I agree, social medias are the cheapest and easiest way to advertise your website. I'd start with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, Tumblr or Reddit (this one is more about promoting your content over your website), depending on your niche, since you can use hashtags and categories to let new people know about you.
Also, since you do have a budget, I'd say to go with some cheap ads, like Facebook ads. You can set how much you want to pay daily, and you can gradually increase that amount as you go. It's perfect to get started.

I just finished a book called 49 Quick Ways to Market Your Business for Free (not affiliated with the author at all). It has some really good ideas that I'm hoping to start implementing soon. I had never thought about some of them (like creating slideshows or podcasts to advertise) so it was nice to get some fresh ideas. It was free when I downloaded the e-book on Amazon. I'm working on getting more involved with social media, but when you don't actually own the business, website, or accounts, it's hard to take control without stepping on toes.

$1 a day for ads on Facebook.

Target people to your website. OR - target people to a Facebook page/group FOR your website, then promote your website on the page/group.

You won't get TONS of traffic for $1 per day, but at least the people are real and genuinely interested in your ad.

The cool thing is that you can do like 3 days, then look at the results and if the targeting worked. If not, then try new targeting details on your next ad.

Keep tweaking it until you find something that works really well.

You can promote your website on Facebook and Twitter for free but this trick only works if you have a lot of friends on the social networking sites. It can drive traffic to your site. Mainly, you can opt for various low-budget SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and there are good many low budget SEO services that are available on the Internet. You can also advertise your website on moderate traffic sites with a low-budget.

First оf аll yоu hаvе tо dесidе yоur spесifiс tаrgеt аudiеnсе аrеа, yоur prоduсt niсhе саtеgоry аnd mаkе spесifiс list оf thаt

Thеn nееd tо Writе Соntеnt аbоut yоur Prоduсts аnd nоw sprеаd thаt соntеnt (blоg pоst) оvеr yоur Sосiаl mеdiа ассоunts аnd with yоur fоllоwеr аnd friеnds sо yоur rеlаtеd аudiеnсе gеt idеа аbоut prоduсt аnd viа thаt соntеnt mаrkеting yоu will аrсhivе gооd prоduсt niсhе visitоrs.

During Соntеnt mаrkеting Саll tо Асtiоn (buy sоmеthing оr subsсribе nеws lеttеr ) саn hеlp fоr inсrеаsе yоur оvеr аll Sаlеs rаtiо.

this typеs оf lоts оf smаll smаll mаrkеting pоint yоu саn аpply yоur sеlf fоr yоur businеss wеbsitе.

- Get your site listed on free web directories. People who visit these directories will find your site and probably visit.

- Do some guest blogging. It's probably the best, cheapest and easiest way to promote your website.

- Promote your site in niche forums, niche social networks [easier to get traffic from them] and blogs.

- Try article submission. Article directories still can be a great place to promote your site since they still get some traffic.

All the best!

I just finished a book called 49 Quick Ways to Market Your Business for Free (not affiliated with the author at all). It has some really good ideas that I'm hoping to start implementing soon.

That sounds like a useful book. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check that out later. I'm always keen to try out new and creative ways to get my work out there.

$1 a day for ads on Facebook.
Target people to your website. OR - target people to a Facebook page/group FOR your website, then promote your website on the page/group.
You won't get TONS of traffic for $1 per day, but at least the people are real and genuinely interested in your ad.
The cool thing is that you can do like 3 days, then look at the results and if the targeting worked. If not, then try new targeting details on your next ad.
Keep tweaking it until you find something that works really well.

$1 a day doesn't sound too bad. I could definitely achieve that. I suppose it could pay for itself on a website that's monetized if it gets you enough targeted traffic through.

You can promote your website on Facebook and Twitter for free but this trick only works if you have a lot of friends on the social networking sites. It can drive traffic to your site. Mainly, you can opt for various low-budget SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and there are good many low budget SEO services that are available on the Internet. You can also advertise your website on moderate traffic sites with a low-budget.

That's where I struggle a little I guess as then I also have to try and figure out how to get enough followers through social media too. It'll take some some patience to build the numbers up. SEO is definitely something I'll be looking into.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. There are some really useful things to think about here.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds