Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How times have changed from the 2000's!

An RV is just an apartment on wheels. But when you have a spouse that suffered heat stroke (crawling into the burning vehicle to drag a passenger out didn't help it) during her career as an LEO you have to make some allowances. If she was restricted to a tent, she'd never get to go as we like to camp spring/summer/fall. Not much in the winter as there is not as much of nature to enjoy unless you are in an area that gets snow.
Up until our kids were around 4-5 we tent camped. In many ways it was more fun roughing it.
But I think you may be thinking of RV's being taken to "RV resorts" more than actual "camping" parks.

These are the type places we stay. For the more remote sites (like the latter photo which is Big Bend State Park) we have to tote our own water in and carry the honey-pot and the generator. It can be fun to get into some of those more remote sites, even with the 4x4 truck. When we had the smaller trailer it was much easier.

View attachment 4467
View attachment 4468
I don't think my attack on RV campers was against everyone. I guess I was meaning younger people who don't seem to want a real experience.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think my attack on RV campers was against everyone. I guess I was meaning younger people who don't seem to want a real experience.
There are older folks that don't want it either. They look at the RV as cheaper (it's not) than staying at a hotel/motel.
Then you have those that literally would be lost trying to camp in a tent environment. It takes special planning and equipment, and many don't like sleeping on the ground, much less a cot. Gotta have that nice comfy soft-foam mattress to snuggle down in.
You can have a "real experience" though even in an RV. But you have to spend time outside of it. If it wasn't for our dogs, we could get by again with a smaller one, even a tear drop style. But our dogs are our children, so we take them with us and they have to have a secure area to abide in also. A tent won't cut it for that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds