Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How often should you give out bonusses to employees?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
How often would you say you want to give out bonusses to your employees? If I had employees, I think I'd try to give out bonusses every year, maybe around Christmas. But if I had more money, I'd maybe consider every 6 months maybe. Or every 3 months. What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
How often would you say you want to give out bonusses to your employees? If I had employees, I think I'd try to give out bonusses every year, maybe around Christmas. But if I had more money, I'd maybe consider every 6 months maybe. Or every 3 months. What about you?

There are many different companies with different pay structure and bonus structures. Some companies give bonuses every day and some of them give bonuses every week. So, it depends on the kind of company in the first place and the nature of business a company has.

There are many different companies with different pay structure and bonus structures. Some companies give bonuses every day and some of them give bonuses every week. So, it depends on the kind of company in the first place and the nature of business a company has.
Bonusses every day? I never heard that one, but if true, whatever job it is, please hire me! :D I think a bonus once or twice a year is more than enough, unless those employees are racking in millions or even billions in dollars. Than I think a bonus is in order, or maybe more.

Bonusses every day? I never heard that one, but if true, whatever job it is, please hire me! :D I think a bonus once or twice a year is more than enough, unless those employees are racking in millions or even billions in dollars. Than I think a bonus is in order, or maybe more.

Lol! The bonuses were offered by the call centres where i used to work. The amount of bonus was not that much per say. This is why they used to offer bonuses each day. However, the amount of money they used to pay was not that much to begin with.

I do not think there should be any fixed numbers of bonuses, it should depend on how much your business is generating. If you are making a lot of money, you might be able to give bonuses 4-5 times in a year, if you are struggling, you might not even be able to give bonuses even once. BY the way, I believe, you should be giving a bonus at least once a year, especially during holidays.

Personally I would not recommend giving out bonuses frequently to your workers because it is something that will keep on adding to your cost of running your business. But it is something that you can give to them once in a while or whenever there is a very big celebration that they made a lot of sales.

Business should be for profit and not for charity. Though it is not a bad idea when the business owner give their workers bonuses but it should be done not frequently but occasionally especially when the company has made some profits as well.

Business should be for profit and not for charity. Though it is not a bad idea when the business owner give their workers bonuses but it should be done not frequently but occasionally especially when the company has made some profits as well.

This is the reason why I believe that it is very important for a businesses to be mindful on how often they give bonuses to their workers especially if it's something that is not going to yield extra profit for the business in return because the only thing constant bonuses is going to keep adding to the business is high expenses.

Giving a set bonus say every few months is something that could be possible for a business depending on their finances and also any profits they make within the time frame between one bonus and another.

I would say that it depends on your business, the profits coming in and also how much work your employees do between that time as to how much of a bonus should be given and how frequently.

Bonuses isn't what I like giving often in my business when I know I'm getting something big in return. It's why I'm picky when to give my workers bonuses. The last bonuses I paid them was on how much they were able to sell out products I have moved to clearance sales. How much you sell determines how much bonuses you're getting.

This is the reason why I believe that it is very important for a businesses to be mindful on how often they give bonuses to their workers especially if it's something that is not going to yield extra profit for the business in return because the only thing constant bonuses is going to keep adding to the business is high expenses.
In fact , if a business is not yielding much profits, there may not be need to embark on unnecessary bonuses for the customers. Doing this may only be at the dentriment of the company. It my soon fold up when it uses most of its profit on bonuses.

In fact , if a business is not yielding much profits, there may not be need to embark on unnecessary bonuses for the customers. Doing this may only be at the dentriment of the company. It my soon fold up when it uses most of its profit on bonuses.

Exactly! The essence of any business is to make profit which is why it should be the main focus of any business owner and not thinking of embarking on bonuses that are going to be an added cost in the expenses that the business is already having. As long as the workers are getting their salary when due, it is more than enough to have them motivated to work.

I do not think there should be any fixed numbers of bonuses, it should depend on how much your business is generating. If you are making a lot of money, you might be able to give bonuses 4-5 times in a year, if you are struggling, you might not even be able to give bonuses even once. BY the way, I believe, you should be giving a bonus at least once a year, especially during holidays.

Yes, income generated over a period of time should be the factor considered when giving out bonuses to the staff or those that you want to reward. Placing a number on it means that you will have to get funds elsewhere, sometimes, in order to reward those due the reward whether the staff or a customer.

Yes, income generated over a period of time should be the factor considered when giving out bonuses to the staff or those that you want to reward. Placing a number on it means that you will have to get funds elsewhere, sometimes, in order to reward those due the reward whether the staff or a customer.

This is the reason why I always stress it for any business when it comes to giving bonuses to their workers to make sure that they already have stability in their business profit making. It is not just about making profit in the business but know that the business is capable of making this amount of profit consistently over a long period of time so that you can be able to decide the bonuses to be given to your workers.

This is the reason why I always stress it for any business when it comes to giving bonuses to their workers to make sure that they already have stability in their business profit making. It is not just about making profit in the business but know that the business is capable of making this amount of profit consistently over a long period of time so that you can be able to decide the bonuses to be given to your workers.

This is correct. If you start giving bonuses and stop midway, there are some staff that will want to rebel against it and it can even make some of the staff get themselves into issues with the company. So, a business owner should think deeply before they start giving out freebies to staff and customers alike.

This is correct. If you start giving bonuses and stop midway, there are some staff that will want to rebel against it and it can even make some of the staff get themselves into issues with the company. So, a business owner should think deeply before they start giving out freebies to staff and customers alike.

There is an economic situation that is going to affect giving bonuses to workers and this is something that should be understood by those that are working for any business organisation. The only situation where by workers might find it very difficult for them to understand cutting off their bonuses is when everything is going well with the business in terms of profit making which is on constant increase but the management will decide to cut their bonuses.

Personally I would not recommend giving out bonuses frequently to your workers because it is something that will keep on adding to your cost of running your business. But it is something that you can give to them once in a while or whenever there is a very big celebration that they made a lot of sales.

Well, there are many companies that never even offer a huge amount of bonus in the first place. This is because they already know that offering monetary rewards very often will make things harder for them. This is why they already offer a very low amount of money as bonuses.

I have never actually had an employee or be one but what I do know is that this idea is not really welcomed by many companies. You shouldn't expect anything from the company except from your salary; any other gesture should be a surprise to you as they don't owe it to you.

I feel like burning should be given out periodically not all the time maybe on particular Seasons or programs going on within the company for example anniversary times like that could make the staff feel valued as much as how the growth of the company is also valued

Your employees would want to give you more results when they are motivated. So it is very important to give your staffs little incentives from time to time to encourage them to bring out their best in their work..

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds