Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How often do you update your blog content?

Fermin420

Credits
Knowing that most blogs never make it through the first year, and some don't even past the hype of he first days. What would you say is the best pace to keep for those aimin to succeed at having a well-established blog? and how do you manage your blog content to keep it updated and fresh without going crazy?

Advertisement Placeholder
I found that 1 post a month was the sweet spot, at least for my type of content, but this could not work for you. It all depends on the length and quality of your posts, people can deal with waiting a whole month if they know that something good is eventually coming. 1 a month is the minimum though, if you can do more than that and you can maintain a consistent quality, you are good to go.

What also worked for me was to split a large post into smaller post and create "series", so people have a reason to come back.

There is one blog I'm planning on abandoning soon since it doesn't make me any money. I published no less than 4 new blog posts on the blog every day. Lots of hard work for nothing.

That said, I believe that the niche should determine how often someone updates their blogs. But as some blogging experts advice, a blogger should update their blogs at least three times a week.

In my experience, you should write at least a post a day on news blogs (even though you'll probably have to write several daily, in order to keep up with competition) and a post a week on tutorial/personal blogs. The most important thing is to make it look active to new visitors, and seeing that the last post is over two weeks old (it should be the maximum, if you can't stand a weekly pace) certainly wouldn't help.

There isn't a set timeframe on which you should post as depending on what your blog is about, it can vary greatly. The minimum I'd post though is probably once a week as at least that way people will still know that your blog is active but if you leave it longer than that people will begin to wonder if it's worth subscribing.

I try to do it twice a week on the same days. I'd rather not post too much as I think it'd be better to have less content of a higher quality than lots of mediocre ones. There needs to be a regular enough update so that your blog looks active though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds