Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How often do you take a backup?

Dancing Mongoose

Recognized member
Credits
How often do you take a back-up of your websites's database. Every week? Every day or every month, perhaps? Or even never as your hosting may automatically back-up your database ever 24 hours, do they? Share how often you take a backup?

Advertisement Placeholder
Heh. *cries*

Last time I took a backup of mine was about a month ago. I'm really lazy and forgetful when it comes to all the backup things. However luckily there's a Wordpress plugin that takes the backup and emails it to me which is amazing.

Without the plugin I'd be a hackers paradise. Heh. My host is small and only takes "monthly" backups, (because that's totally helpful) so no they do not take backups on their side.

My hosting now takes a backup on a daily basis however prior to using this host it used to be something I would have to remember to do myself rather than have done automatically which meant I missed days and have had problems in the past with needing a backup and not having a recent one. Very happy that I now have it done automatically as it's one weight off my mind.

Every day, I have a script that backs up the database every night and a weekly filesystem backup. My hosts also backs up daily, weekly etc.

I normally always forget, it's something I desperately need to work on getting into a schedule of frequent back ups to be honest - if one of my sites was a bigger size I would lose a lot of content.

My server takes backup every day and stores the information in the server. I personally take the latest back up and have it stored in my laptop and storage device.

I have daily automatic backups for the majority of my websites. They stay on the server for one week, and then they are pruned. I also try to take my download my own backups as often as I can. My internet connection sucks though, so that can be a struggle at times. :yum:

I don't do backups. Because, I don't just give anyone access to the ACP or Database. I will only give people access to these substances if I know them for a really long time and collaborated with them to know if they're trustworthy.

I usually take backups of my current website once a week, or two times a week at most. My hosting company is supposed to take daily backups, but I don't rely on them, cause we all know how hosting companies can be... They know that small website owners won't sue them if they suffer data loss...

My community runs on MyBB, and they have a setting that allows you to choose if and when you want backups to be taken, automatically. By default, the option is set to 'weekly' but is disabled. I enabled it and set it to 'daily' as there have been occurences in the past where I have lost valuable data due to not taking database backups frequently enough.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds