Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How much of a pension should you save up to at least?

I don't think there is any amount of pension that is too much, you just have to save as much as possible. I will always recommend that the pension should be up to the level of starting a business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Mostly pension are been determine by the organization in which we work. In government organization, there is a template they use to calculate their workers pension and private organization also determine the pension of their workers. The pension contributed should be reasonable enough to take care of the pensioner after retirement.

This actually depends on so many things like the amount of money you are getting in a month and so on, no matter the amount of money you are getting you should try and save as much as you can save, because it is always necessary as it will save you from a lot of embarrassing situation at old age

I can't tell because am not a pensioner if I am a pensioner depending my pension money at least I can save 50% of the money, and keep some for other things.

This is a matter of your goals towards your retirement. If you know that part of your goals after retirement is to make a huge investment that will be capital intensive, then you will need to start your pension plan as early as possible.

To save for your pension is saving for the rainny day,and when this thing get into your head,knowing that there will come a time where your strenght will no longer carry you again.You need to save substantial amount,and cut less of unessary spending and keep it for your later years.
there is no money that is too much for an individual as long as you are saving the money for your future it is never too much you can save as much as you want when working in an organisation.

When the need for money arises, then you will understand that no amount is too much to save up whether as pension or savings.

If you can save as much as possible for retirement, the problem with most workers is that while in active service, they spend all they have worked for and save very little if at all.

I don't think there is any special amount of money anyone should save up for pension. It all depends on the kind of place you worked and kind of pension they offer.

well sometimes we may not be able to save up to the amount of money we expected and I think you should try and save as much as you can, there are lot of things we will be doing in life that will take out our savings rate, save as much as you can it will help some day.

What is the least you should have saved up on your pension before retirement? Should it be a ton? Or should it just be enough to live comfortably?

What are your suggestions?
It depends on your income, your wish, and your vision. If you have plan to start a business even though you at working under an organization you should know your pension will be tampered with.

It depends on your income, your wish, and your vision. If you have plan to start a business even though you at working under an organization you should know your pension will be tampered with.
this all depends on the workers vision according to your comment and also depends on the amount that the workers is being paid in his or organisation to determine the amount he or she will save.

What you save as your pension should depend on how much you earn. But your pension safer should he enough for you to live comfortably after retirement. It isn't enough your pension should be very big but if it can take you through your retirement then you are good to go.
[automerge]1623649087[/automerge]
There is a government pension for the private company workers and another for the government workers. But the monthly pension is meager, just $200 maximum. If you live alone and you have your own house then you can live comfortably with that amount unless you get sick and be hospitalized. For emergency expenses it is good to have at least $10,000 for peace of mind.
I tend to agree with you. $10,000 should be able to last for a retiree who isn't into reckless spending for a lifetime and this should include emergency expenses like hospital surgery , natural disasters and lots more.

Last edited:
at least you should try and save up to about 100,000 dollars before retirement because this will actually help you to enjoy your retirement to the fullest, some people may not have an opportunity to save up to this amount but try.

at least you should try and save up to about 100,000 dollars before retirement because this will actually help you to enjoy your retirement to the fullest, some people may not have an opportunity to save up to this amount but try.
You don't calculate the amount of pension that you are saving because is your money you can save more or save less but it is better to save more for the future.

You don't calculate the amount of pension that you are saving because is your money you can save more or save less but it is better to save more for the future.
I think it is necessary for us to calculate the amount of money we need to save because if you do not keep the Target of the amount of money you want to save we might not be able to save enough money, I just believe so.

Most people save a lot of money from pension for saving sake,I think as a pensioner are you need to save some money that covers any emergency purposes Such medical, house maintenance,if you have all these things in place you can enjoy your pension as much as you want.

Most people save a lot of money from pension for saving sake,I think as a pensioner are you need to save some money that covers any emergency purposes Such medical, house maintenance,if you have all these things in place you can enjoy your pension as much as you want.
It is your money you can save as much as you want it doesn't need to have a limit of because in future you will have enough to use for your needs.

You only have to save pension depending on how much you were paid and also depending on your position in the government work, a person with the highest position will be able to save more pension than someone in the lowest rank.

I don't know maybe there is a standard to meet but if things go my way I don't want to see pension as a lifeline when I'm not working anymore instead businesses I'm sure that's what everyone wants tho so we should just work towards that

What is the least you should have saved up on your pension before retirement? Should it be a ton? Or should it just be enough to live comfortably?

What are your suggestions?
So many people do not bother saving for their pension as they would have children who would be able to take care of them when that time comes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds