Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How much have you ever misplaced?

Advertisement Placeholder
Misplaced and never got back? £400 owing to a weird UI glitch on a rubbish e-commerce site.

Misplaced in a banking transaction where I was requesting money? £106,000 for what should have been a £400 direct debit payment... bank was none too impressed.

Misplaced and fixed it? £680,000 of someone else's money going to the wrong bank account. I fixed it though. It was awkward, but the person who's castle it was didn't mind too much. They at least saw the funny side.

Misplaced and never got back? £400 owing to a weird UI glitch on a rubbish e-commerce site.

Misplaced in a banking transaction where I was requesting money? £106,000 for what should have been a £400 direct debit payment... bank was none too impressed.

Misplaced and fixed it? £680,000 of someone else's money going to the wrong bank account. I fixed it though. It was awkward, but the person who's castle it was didn't mind too much. They at least saw the funny side.
Damn, I can only imagine the face on that person seeing all that money. :ROFLMAO: You're lucky they didn't go buy expensive stuff with that amount, it wouldn't be the first one to do such thing.

Well, in the case of the £680k, it was meant to go to the lawyer handling the transaction but accidentally ended up going to the person who was refinancing their castle - they were *meant* to get it once the lawyer had done their thing. Was more a case of awkward red-faces all round as I had to phone the lawyer and explain what had happened and then get the recipient on the phone to get him to wire it back to the lawyer for the legal stuff. Fortunately non-tragic.

I hate it whenever I misplace my money. It's very difficult to make money and getting to misplace it pains me to death.

It's why I have my wallet with me all the time to put my money once I get it. It helps me with not keeping my money anyhow.

I don't know if this counts, but I was once offered $200-something PayPal and once I had the money for a couple of weeks the user did a PayPal chargeback and got all of their money back, which I didn't even know was a thing at the time.

PayPal chargeback is something I can't even imagine happening to my PayPal account. This is the reason I am always careful with the type of PayPal funds that I accept.

PayPal chargeback is something I can't even imagine happening to my PayPal account. This is the reason I am always careful with the type of PayPal funds that I accept.
Yeah, after that incident I too started being very careful in how I handle other people's payments to me. It's a shame they can do that when people actually deserve the money sometimes.

I don't know if this counts, but I was once offered $200-something PayPal and once I had the money for a couple of weeks the user did a PayPal chargeback and got all of their money back, which I didn't even know was a thing at the time.
Did you sell anything to the person or get into any kind of exchange for the $200? If yes, you could have disputed the case and provide proof of the transaction and PayPal would decline his or her charge back.

PayPal, most times, doesn't care how you feel and why you think you need the money. They make judgements that most times mean they are losing long-term customers.
Yeah, after that incident I too started being very careful in how I handle other people's payments to me. It's a shame they can do that when people actually deserve the money sometimes.

Did you sell anything to the person or get into any kind of exchange for the $200? If yes, you could have disputed the case and provide proof of the transaction and PayPal would decline his or her charge back.
It was coding services I offered in exchange for PayPal funds.

PayPal, most times, doesn't care how you feel and why you think you need the money. They make judgements that most times mean they are losing long-term customers.
Sounds pretty legit.

It was coding services I offered in exchange for PayPal funds.
If you had proof of the transaction, you could have won the case. But maybe because you had no knowledge on how to go about the case that's why he won the case.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds