Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Site Management How much could Forum Explorers sell for?

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.

Aaron

Captain Junkie
Gold Member
Not sure where to put this?

If I was to ever sell Forum Explorers how much would I get? It's less than two months old which also means the domain is less than two months old.

Forum Statistics: 160 Members, 4,105 Threads, 19,543 Posts.

Another forum got merged into FE hence the stats.

Last edited:
You will get as much as someone is willing to pay for it. What that is will vary from person to person so there is no real right answer here. The real question is how much would you want to sell it for and see if anyone agrees with your estimate. I would suggest going in with an offer that is actually a bit higher then what you really want to sell it for so you will have room for any potential customer to haggle you down to the price you actually expect to sell it for which can help in motivating someone to buy said item.

There are two ways to evaluate the value of a website

1. The better method is if you're able to monetize. This allows you to compute a real and tangible financial value on your website. Usually the price is 3 years of your net revenue (income less expenses).

The buyer is basically paying you a 3 year premium for your website's revenue.

2. The second method, when you're not able to monetize, is to come up with a fufure value of your members and activity. I want to emphasize that it's not tied, not should it be tied, to what the admin put in. You may have spent hundreds or thousands on a custom theme or articles or custom mods, but the real value of your website is it's future value, not it's sunk cost.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds