Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How much are you willing to pay for AJ?

I doubt Cedric will ever sell it lol. The site itself I would say is easily worth over a grand as I post this with all the high quality content that's on the forum, but it'll easily be worth more than that I can tell within just a few months. The site continues to grow, we already have over 400 members and we're quickly approaching 500. There's quality threads being added pretty much every day and we've got plenty of talented people on the forums, that includes both staff and members.

It depends... If the forum is sold with Cedric included? maybe. At this point, the forum still too new and everything moves around the admin.
I have seen active forums because of the admin is the glue and when sold, the forum becomes dead in a matter of days. It still needs a long way and strategies to become self propelled, only then, it becomes real valuable.
As mentioned above ~$1k. The amount of work done here is way, but way more than that.

Sometimes, people looking on the outside can put value in a site like this; not many see the time put into getting it started and the money spent on themes and applications; for me, it's not a money thing. It's a hobby and the enjoyment of building.

Looking at this board, I know between the time and everything else, there is a lot more than 1K into it.

I wonder how much the AJ database would be worth by itself. 🤔
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

I'd rather have someone buy it that has more experience with running a webmaster community and Xenforo in general, so I'll start my bid at a dollar.

Without having any knowledge of current revenue, I could see AJ selling on the open market for $2-3k pretty easily if Cedric wanted to sell it. I've sold a couple of webmaster forums at similar prices that were half the size of AJ.

Without having any knowledge of current revenue, I could see AJ selling on the open market for $2-3k pretty easily if Cedric wanted to sell it. I've sold a couple of webmaster forums at similar prices that were half the size of AJ.
How fast would it take to sell probably?

How fast would it take to sell probably?

Hard to answer that without knowing what Cedric would be asking for. I'm sure he's not selling anyway, but if he attaches a high price tag to it, I'm sure it won't sell as quickly... As opposed to a lower price tag anyway.

Hard to answer that without knowing what Cedric would be asking for. I'm sure he's not selling anyway, but if he attaches a high price tag to it, I'm sure it won't sell as quickly... As opposed to a lower price tag anyway.
Does the software it's on make a difference?

It depends... If the forum is sold with Cedric included? maybe. At this point, the forum still too new and everything moves around the admin.
I have seen active forums because of the admin is the glue and when sold, the forum becomes dead in a matter of days. It still needs a long way and strategies to become self propelled, only then, it becomes real valuable.
As mentioned above ~$1k. The amount of work done here is way, but way more than that.
If AJ would be sold excluding me: 1,000 USD.
If AJ would be sold including me: 1,000,000 USD.

I'll take it. 👀😂

No, in all seriousness, what it's worth to me is way more than the actual value. That said, I'll be as transparent as possible, ya'll know I don't hide much.

I have lost the exact track of what AJ has costed so far. But if I would give it an estimate. I'd say around 3500 - 4500 USD so far. Custom themes, custom add ons, regular add ons, themes, licenses, hosting, domains, etc. We did some paid posters back in the day that also costed a good chuck of money.

Countless hours I spend on improving features from small to complex stuff.

Starting off, it's my hobby. I like providing a platform for everyone to enjoy, discuss webmaster stuff. Promote their projects and hopefully gain some traffic, members, momentum. I love supporting fellow members, I like exchanging ideas, strategies, advice, etc. I like organizing giveaways, preferably everything free if possible. I love the fact that we have a collaborative community. Where real opportunities are found. I'm very proud of AJ today. The community we have.

Then of course the fact that staff members are paid and can request their credits earned by posting and content bundles. I won't go in detail how much I paid out the staff, but it's also a good chuck in total. Luckily not everyone does that all the time or I'm ruined. :ROFLMAO:

That said, we do generate some income too. Premium Memberships, credits that are purchased, advertising that is purchased, those are our main three income factors. I don't like adsense. It looks terrible, it makes the website load slower, and the pay rate is horrible. It's great if you have a big board. But even then, Google keeps changing their stuff to make sure they need to pay less and less. So, adsense will never be on AJ. I'd much rather give advertising spots for free to fellow members.

So, now that we're almost 16 months old I'd say we're almost break even on expenses vs income. But really I couldn't care less if we made money or not. There's people who could monetize AJ much better than I ever could and would and gain some real profit. But that's not my goal. My goal has always been to support fellow members. And to be where we are, has costed a few bucks, yes.

But we live in a time now where projects without investment have much less succeed chance than years ago. I'm not saying it's not possible. Just less likely. I don't mind spending money on AJ. But admittedly, it's nice to get something in return every now and then.

AJ has a few unique selling points e.g. our /learn website, that could also drive up the value. Good content which is hard to come by. A very lovely community. There's a lot of potential and future is quite sustainable from now on. We keep growing every month, etc.

So now you know all this. I have some real questions.

What aspects of AJ do you find most valuable or unique?

In your opinion, what are the key strengths and weaknesses of AJ?

How has AJ impacted your online experience or goals?

How do you see AJ evolving in the next year or two?

It would do me great pleasure if you all could take the time and answer these questions if they're relevant to you. ;)

Also none of this would all mean jack shit if you, the community, our beloved members weren't here. Ya'll are the real drive behind Admin Junkies, not me. ;)

What aspects of AJ do you find most valuable or unique?
Your dedication as the Admin and the knowledgeable community you have formed.
In your opinion, what are the key strengths and weaknesses of AJ?
Your attention for details, content quality, awesome people around here. Weakness: It is Cedric for everything, I am afraid you could get tired before implementing systems/mechanisms that run without you. You are a human and from time to time you need a break.
How has AJ impacted your online experience or goals?
Well, in my case, AJ made me feel the sense of community again and that let me to start again in the forum world.
How do you see AJ evolving in the next year or two?
I can't tell much on this one, I don't know your plans and Ideas for the future.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds