Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How many posts does your forum have?

My stats are pretty low compared to more successful forums, FTP opened it's doors to members Nov 24th so these stats are based on around 6 weeks activity:

~2000 posts isn't too bad. What you have to understand is that I've seen a load of these so called "sucessful forums". I've noticed a lot of them get huge activity die-offs even if they achieved their first 1000 posts in the first week. Here are three: adifferentopinion.net (hugely sucessful at the start with an average of 270 posts per day for the first month), Webmasterbb.net: Got to 20,000 posts within a few months, AdminTalk.net achieved 1500 posts in it's first 5 days. All three of them no longer do so well and the third one has closed.

Advertisement Placeholder
To be honest i work indoors as a care worker and so i find a lot of time on my hands, running the forums i do gives me a life outside of these four walls, if i save 1 animal on SupportAnimalRights and help 1 forum with FreeToPromo, then it is all worth while, you know yourself forums are popular one min, then not so popular the next, but with good content and quick reliable services, people will always come back, my main efforts are to try and get away from the free platforms onto Xenforo or IPB.

To be honest i work indoors as a care worker and so i find a lot of time on my hands, running the forums i do gives me a life outside of these four walls, if i save 1 animal on SupportAnimalRights and help 1 forum with FreeToPromo, then it is all worth while, you know yourself forums are popular one min, then not so popular the next, but with good content and quick reliable services, people will always come back, my main efforts are to try and get away from the free platforms onto Xenforo or IPB.

What do you specifically dislike about free platforms? Is it simply the perception? :)

I use a free platform, i use MyBB, what i meant by my comments was Zetaboards and similar services, with these platforms my perception is that you are very restricted as to what you can do with them, my idea of running a community is to try and set it aside from everything else, sometimes you can do that in a big way and sometimes only in a small way, but to me most platforms are the same and without the ability to modify them, i may be wrong, like i have stated i try to stay away from them.

Today we broke the 3000 post milestone, 3000 posts in 7 weeks, its not miracle posting but its not bad at all, especially with the Christmas holidays interrupting progress.

My forum had about eighty thousand posts or so but the host I was using was horrible and suspended my account, refused to give me my backups then just ignored me. My forum currently has about fourty eight thousand posts.

My forum had about eighty thousand posts or so but the host I was using was horrible and suspended my account, refused to give me my backups then just ignored me. My forum currently has about fourty eight thousand posts.

Very good going, 48k is a very good number, i am sure if you reached 80k in the past you will achieve it again.

Not enough :( almost 6,600 post

What you have to understand is that I've seen a load of these so called "successful forums". I've noticed a lot of them get huge activity die-offs even if they achieved their first 1000 posts in the first week. Here are three: adifferentopinion.net (hugely successful at the start with an average of 270 posts per day for the first month), Webmasterbb.net: Got to 20,000 posts within a few months, AdminTalk.net achieved 1500 posts in it's first 5 days. All three of them no longer do so well and the third one has closed.

I'm sure your activity will pick up if you keep at it... :)

At the moment my forum has 2,132 posts, aiming to get that up to 3.5k within the next month. With abit of help and effort I will be there.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds