Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How many hours do you expect your staff to be online every day?

Credits
How long do you expect your hired paid staff or even volunteers to be online on the community every day?

Personally, I don't think that your volunteers have any obligation to be online for any specific period of hours on the site every day because they are not paid. But the same thing can't be said for paid staff.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have no hard and fast rules but I expect my staff to be present on my forums a couple of times a day so that they can see what's happening on the forum. I don't want my staff to spend long hours.

It mainly depends on the agreement i have with them before hand. If we agreed on a specific period of time, then i expect they should keep to it. If there was no form of agreement, then its their choice.

How long do you expect your hired paid staff or even volunteers to be online on the community every day?

Personally, I don't think that your volunteers have any obligation to be online for any specific period of hours on the site every day because they are not paid. But the same thing can't be said for paid staff.
In my opinion it doesn't matter that how long they should be online, as they finished their tasks then there is no need for them to be online, the most important issue is that the tasks should be completed.

My stuff should be online for at least six hours and it depends on how many hours of the day we agreed that he will be working because I think there is always a form of agreement

My stuff should be online for at least six hours and it depends on how many hours of the day we agreed that he will be working because I think there is always a form of agreement
despite expecting them to be online six hours a day, you can make the hours a bit flexible for them, what you should do is to give them task that they most finish before certain hour.

despite expecting them to be online six hours a day, you can make the hours a bit flexible for them, what you should do is to give them task that they most finish before certain hour.
That is true because they need some times to themselves too. They may not even be working for only me so it is important to give them flexible jobs that they can finish very fast.

In general, it's important for staff to be available and responsive to members during peak activity times, which may vary depending on the forum's niche and time zone. This could mean being available for a certain number of hours during the day, or being on call during specific events or discussions.

It depends on the agreement I have with them. Before you hire someone as your staff, you must have an agreement with such person. And one of the terms of the agreement will be how many hours they are to be online everyday. Once, you include the number of hours you expect them to be online every to the agreement and they signed it, then you don't have to worry.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds