Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How many forums do you manage at once?

Credits
For some people who are full time webmasters, they can easily manage more than one website at once because it's their means to livelihood. All there investment is on several website which pays them in return.

But for those who aren't into website management as their full time job, how many forums would you be able to manage at once?

Advertisement Placeholder
I know someone who has atleast 5 forums currently and I was once moved one time to ask how they cope with all that amount of forums when I don't even have a single one at the moment.

It takes determination and if forums is something you enjoy running then it wouldn't be too much work for you to handle multiple forums at a time.

I know someone who has atleast 5 forums currently and I was once moved one time to ask how they cope with all that amount of forums when I don't even have a single one at the moment.

It takes determination and if forums is something you enjoy running then it wouldn't be too much work for you to handle multiple forums at a time.
I'm guessing that the result you got from the person who's got five active forums to manage was that it's his or her full time job because managing all five of them will be very demanding. Unless, they are just small forums with less activities to deal with.

At the moment I currently co-own and run one forum with my boyfriend and with other things going on in my life that is enough for me at the moment. I have in the past though run 3 forums at once, but I found that got too much for me and I found it easier to just merge them all together into one forum rather than having separate forums that I needed to work on. That forum now is unfortunately no longer around as I had to let it go when hosting got a lot more expensive, and I was unable to afford it.

I currently own a few websites, one is a blog and the others are forums. I merged three of my communities into one so I had less websites to manage, the other two forums may eventually be merged with my main one but for now are standalone communities. It's best to not overdo it though, you don't want to get overwhelmed.

A better question to ask:

How many forums do you need to be successful? Just one.

It is HARD to be successful with forums. You need to be into marketing, promotion, social media, content creation, moderation, user engagement, and a myriad of other tasks. I think most admins would be better off improving their skills so they can focus on one forum rather than try to stretch themselves over several mediocre forums.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds