Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How long should one be patient with a failing business before quitting?

A business has its own ups and downs and sometimes it mostly always downside before it taste a success. But nothing is more sweeter when you became successful after so many hardships. However, if you think you've tried everything but it still won't be profitable to the point that it costs you everything and even have a huge debt, then it's time to let it go.

Advertisement Placeholder
If the business is your passion, and if you made better plans before starting it up, you'll still find the drive to be around the business to improve things. And wake it up again, to be running and bringing you profit.

Actually, it is not that easy to predict business success. your business can rise at any time and at an unexpected rate. I would personally never give up on a business until I see no profit at all and I will look for much better options available to me.

As far as I'm concerned there are no fees time that one should wait for a failing business before he or she can quit the business. It all a matter of perspective as you can see if the business can ever regenerate from it's failure or not within the first 3 months or six months.

Firstly, one shod understand that quitting a business does not mean total failure just that failure is another step to success so you can make peace with parting and start afresh.

Well as far as I'm concerned when it comes to starting a business it is not actually an easy stuff to do so when you started a business you should try as much as you can to make it succeed
When you had finally started your business the question now is how long would you do the observation when the business is not doing good. Would you wait until the capital is exhausted before you raise the white flag in surrender or will you borrow money to continue the operation even if the business is clearly losing?

One shouldn't stay long in a business if it's not succeeding, money is very hard to come by these day, you have to think fast of other things to do

There be is no specific time for someone quit after failing in a business. When a business fails we need to analyze the reasons for which the business fails which might takes some time to achieve. The result of the analysis will determine when to quit the business.

One shouldn't stay long in a business if it's not succeeding, money is very hard to come by these day, you have to think fast of other things to do
exactly you have a very good point because there is no need beating a dead horse or taking a horse to a stream and forcing it to drink water as if the business is not working you should leave it.

I believe there is no specific time for someone to be patient before quiting, it depends on you can get patient enough. There is an adage says" a patient dog eat fattest bone". It is good to be patient enough and re strategies the business.

I do not know how long because I cannot think of quitting a business I have just established just like that because I believe that instead of me to quit I'll just re-strategize my business to another thing that will bring profit, this is what I will do.

There is actually not a actual time , but once you have tried to make sucess but things don't keep working out for you ,then its best to just quit the job for some time

Well I will say that as long as you can but sometimes business always need a lot of time and constant dedication for you to succeed,and beside you cannot just conclude that a business is failing just because you do not have someone to patronize you.

the main reason a lot of people fell in businesses in because they lack the knowledge and idea of how to run a successful business. that is the reason why it is very important for one to have adequate knowledge of business before going into it.
[automerge]1623621351[/automerge]
People who are persistent in business does not quit. instaread the look for ways of gathering more knowledge about how to succeed in business.

Last edited:
Most times, we don't make enough profits from a business as we imagined and would want to quit, though we are always advised to be patient. How long should one be patient before quitting to focus on another one?
Patience is very good in business but as long as you know the business has nothing to offer you, you can quit it and start another one related to it or not, wasting your time won't amount to anything.
[automerge]1624010087[/automerge]
Most times, we don't make enough profits from a business as we imagined and would want to quit, though we are always advised to be patient. How long should one be patient before quitting to focus on another one?
There is not supposed to be a particular time to wait for any failing business before starting another one. The more you wait, the more you waste time and lose the opportunity to grab another paying one.

Last edited:
he shouldn't quit atleast till he runs out of ideas and attempts of trying to fix it, quitting quickly wouldn't be a recommended solution as things might get improved at any time

Quitting this is just because the business is going down it's not the best idea, instead of you to go into the quitting process it is better for you to reorganize your business, with this there is a possibility that your business might start growing.

At some point I think it would have become obvious tonus that the particular business is just not making headway. I feel it better to stop at this point than to loose all your money trying to continue the business
One could be permitted with a failing business as many times as he wants until he himself decide to quit on the business because he only have the right to make such decision.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds