Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How long should one be patient with a failing business before quitting?

Advertisement Placeholder
O

One should be patient to the last straw before giving up on a business structure, you should have tried everything to safe the business and if there's nothing else to do in saving the business , then you have to let it go.
But Don't you think it's going to be time wasting trying to make sure you try all possible ways to see that a business works? Like isn't it a waste of time that could have been channelled elsewhere?

But Don't you think it's going to be time wasting trying to make sure you try all possible ways to see that a business works? Like isn't it a waste of time that could have been channelled elsewhere?
Abandoning a business just like that without trying to revive it is like giving up on a son or your most cherished treasure , so its normal to try rather than folding your arms and allowing the business to go down the drain.

Most times, we don't make enough profits from a business as we imagined and would want to quit, though we are always advised to be patient. How long should one be patient before quitting to focus on another one?
I think one should wait for at least ten years to know if the business would favor he or she,but if not please don't listen to anyone advice again,just quit because the business is not the way to make money I guess.

I think one should wait for at least ten years to know if the business would favor he or she,but if not please don't listen to anyone advice again,just quit because the business is not the way to make money I guess.
Even the two years that you mentioned, do you not consider that it's a time too long for anyone to wait? I think the most is 1 year.

Personally, I will say how long to be patient with a failing business should be a personal thing or left to the discretion of the business owner. I say this because the reason I see to quit my business, you may not want to quit yours even with same reason. But all in all, I think lack of profit is enough general reason for everyone to quit a particular business be it offline or online. Just my take though.

Exactly. One should actually exercise patients with a failing business Tonite last life. Who knows maybe that is when the right knot might come that'll pull the business off

When the person running the business sees that things are not going down well and you've invested alot why not just quit.

You can wait until the debt is under your control and you can clear the debt by selling your company assets. However, once the debt becomes beyond your capacity to pay back, you can give up

Depends on how much you are willing to lose? The best advice I can give is you need to stop once your debt reaches equivalent to the value of company asset.

If you intend to quite the business at the point when you have finally out in all the resources and it didn't turn out well, then you should just quit because that's the last straw

O

One should be patient to the last straw before giving up on a business structure, you should have tried everything to safe the business and if there's nothing else to do in saving the business , then you have to let it go.
One should be consistent and patient with the following business till he or she knows that there is no market for such business before she can quit because every business has is market and has a problem to solve

Most times, we don't make enough profits from a business as we imagined and would want to quit, though we are always advised to be patient. How long should one be patient before quitting to focus on another one?
Hmm... as long you believe in the business I think there's nothing more relaxing than that because no matter the low in revenue if you believe the business will grow beyond the present time, is better to be patience...

You need to study what is the cause of the decline in sales first. If the problems will cost too much to solve, one can quit the business but if otherwise, one can still stick to the business.

You need to study what is the cause of the decline in sales first. If the problems will cost too much to solve, one can quit the business but if otherwise, one can still stick to the business.
Exactly, you have a very good point when it comes to how to deal with a business that is failing. There is always a good reason why the business is not doing well.

As long as your debt is not too much you can still exercise patience and look for the fault to tackle it otherwise if the debt kept rising you can shutdown the business.

At some point I think it would have become obvious tonus that the particular business is just not making headway. I feel it better to stop at this point than to loose all your money trying to continue the business

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds