Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How hard is it to become a US citizen?

Shad0wz

Credits
I see people all over the news talking about too many immigrants being here legally and illegally. From what I gathered online, it takes a minimum of 5 years being a green card holder to be a citizen, and thats if you pass the test. How the heck can people be complaining? That is such a long wait to me.

Advertisement Placeholder
They complain because people can walk across the border. :p

Anyway, you can get things like Visas, which allow you to come here for various reasons (work, education, etc.), and the work ones are given out too much. You can pay a Mexican $5 an hour to pick cotton, but you have to pay an American $7.

They complain because people can walk across the border. :yum:

Anyway, you can get things like Visas, which allow you to come here for various reasons (work, education, etc.), and the work ones are given out too much. You can pay a Mexican $5 an hour to pick cotton, but you have to pay an American $7.

...Huh. ಠ_ಠ

I also looked into it moving to the US for a while and found the VISA requirements were pretty heavy. They are very protective of their jobs.

Last edited:
Not hard if you know the right people. I worked in the file-room at an immigration office for a stint, and there was documented corruption of immigrants bribing immigration officers.

I also know and have read files of cases where illegal immigrants were provided with social security numbers/cards. Of course, it was found out after the fact and there was an investigation.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds