Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you win friends?

Advertisement Placeholder
When you figure that out, tell me your secret. But in all honesty, I am not good at making friends at all and I have serious trust issues with people I haven't gotten to know really, really well. I've never been in a relationship and a big part of that to blame is my serious trust issues. Funnily enough, there is a book that is pretty popular titled, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" but I've never read it myself. I may have to give it a read someday.

Don’t know, it just happened. I go by the phrase, you do good for me and I’ll do better for you. Worked my entire life and we’ve got a pretty close and big friends group that is more than friends, they’re family. It’s cliché I know, but that is how it is.

As an adult it is a bit harder to make new friends. In school though I would just talk to people about things I liked, or hear things they liked and I could say we had those in common. I met my bestfriend in 6th grade and we are just friends for life. We met because a friend of his was a friend of my friend and we all hung out a bit in 6th grade. I'm thankful for that friendship. Now a days I make friends with coworkers, but I don't let too many fully into my life.

I've not found it too hard. It just runs into me. For instance, at this library in Virginia, they have this time on Thursday where everyone in this group discusses things. I made trustworthy friends fast. Now, I have met other people that are sort of friends, but they're not truly trustworthy.

I would say the best way to go about it is to be someone who is worth knowing. To be someone worthy of being trusted. To be someone willing to stand up for their beliefs. To be someone willing to do the right thing even if it costs them. To be someone unwilling to do the wrong thing no matter how much it seems like it would benefit them to do so. This is how I would go about it. IT doesn't mean it will happen as quickly as you want it to nor will it mean having as many friends as you hoped to have. If your friends are good, you really only need one. The thing to be careful about is to not confuse those who love your things for those who love you.

Those who genuinely love you will get closer to you in hard times not apart and those who don't will do the opposite. It could even be a blessing in disguise as it exposes the fake friends and drives them from you so you can put your focus on the genuine article and not have your time wasted on people not worth your time in the first place.

I would say the best way to go about it is to be someone who is worth knowing. To be someone worthy of being trusted. To be someone willing to stand up for their beliefs. To be someone willing to do the right thing even if it costs them. To be someone unwilling to do the wrong thing no matter how much it seems like it would benefit them to do so. This is how I would go about it. IT doesn't mean it will happen as quickly as you want it to nor will it mean having as many friends as you hoped to have. If your friends are good, you really only need one. The thing to be careful about is to not confuse those who love your things for those who love you.

Those who genuinely love you will get closer to you in hard times not apart and those who don't will do the opposite. It could even be a blessing in disguise as it exposes the fake friends and drives them from you so you can put your focus on the genuine article and not have your time wasted on people not worth your time in the first place.
Fake friends, or people who just love your things, is really hard to decipher at a younger age. I feel as though with age it became clearer who those were.

With everything I have been through over the years, I don't tend to trust people as much as I used to so making friends and even close friends is something that isn't as easy now. I will still make friends but it does take a while to be able to trust them as really close friends and sometimes, they don't always end up being close friends as they tend to let me down in some way or another.

I'm very introverted and it's hard for me to make and keep friends.
I'm somewhat in the same boat. It's hard for me to open up to people I don't know well enough. I can be an introvert around the general public, but I can be somewhat of an extrovert around my family. I've had so few friends most of my life that I've kind of gotten used to the independence of having little to no friends. I just try and keep myself entertained by any means necessary, but sometimes when I get burnt out at home and want to do something in public, I don't really have anyone to do anything with.

I'm very introverted and it's hard for me to make and keep friends. I try to hang out with people who have the same interests as me, it's hard to hang out with those who don't like nerd stuff like me.
Oh, I'm most definitely a nerd! Come visit us over at scf, in fact I've created an entire dedicated nerd section :cool: It's been so long too my friend!

You don’t want a big friend group trust me! To be honest, you’ve just got to put yourself out there. Go to those local events that interest you, join that local club for your hobby, go to those social events that your workplace hosts etc. The more you put yourself out there, the more people you’ll meet and you might find your next bestie.

My trick for talking to girls at the club is going to the smoking area and asking for a lighter. I then use that as an excuse to small talk and I always end up getting their snap. That would never happen if I didn’t put myself out there.

Okay, yes, that’s girls not friends but the same principle applies to friends too. I’ve met a bunch of people that way, some of whom I still talk to!

You just gotta put yourself out there.

Making friends that you can trust with everything in you may be a difficult task for a lot of people. Remember that these are the people that you can trust. Do you find it easy making a lot of friends?
It is difficult to find the real ones. Casual friends are easy to make.

Luck

Season 4 Showtime GIF by Billions

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds