Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you win friends?

Advertisement Placeholder
When you figure that out, tell me your secret. But in all honesty, I am not good at making friends at all and I have serious trust issues with people I haven't gotten to know really, really well. I've never been in a relationship and a big part of that to blame is my serious trust issues. Funnily enough, there is a book that is pretty popular titled, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" but I've never read it myself. I may have to give it a read someday.
I read that book. It helps not only with friendships, but also teaches good conflict resolution skills both with customers and with work colleagues. Having difficult conversations is such an important workplace skills. Before reading this, I’d struggle with the balance between passiveness and aggressiveness. The key is assertiveness.

Same. Even my friends circle is small and tight.
I have only one IRL friend and it seems like our friendship is slowly drifting apart.

I read that book. It helps not only with friendships, but also teaches good conflict resolution skills both with customers and with work colleagues. Having difficult conversations is such an important workplace skills. Before reading this, I’d struggle with the balance between passiveness and aggressiveness. The key is assertiveness.
Sounds like a definite read one day then.

What do you define as drifting apart though?
He doesn't always reply to texts I send him and he just seems uninterested in being friends with me anymore based on my speculations. I know I'm a natural downer when it comes to friendships and relationships thinking anyone who would want to try and be my friend or build a relationship with me would just use and abuse me, but that's how I've always been when it comes to those types of things. Always been terrible with building bonds ever since I was put into public school from private school.

I feel that's what happens when adulthood hits hard. The load of responsibilities gradually repriorites everything.
Yeah it’s true. I don’t see it as drifting apart as long as you trust each other to be there for each other. Of course the friendship dynamic changes.

From my perspective i used to hang with certain friends more only because we had more time and not necessarily because we were closer. With real friendships, bonds remain.

I feel that's what happens when adulthood hits hard. The load of responsibilities gradually repriorites everything.
Yeah, sometimes people are too busy to maintain a balanced friendship life with stuff like work, building a family, having me-time, chores, etc.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds