Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you tackle indecent dressing at work?

Dannyjax

Recognized member
Credits
Some staff are fond of dressing in an indecent manner. Appearance is something that sells very well and once it's compromised, it affects the business sales.

If one of your staff dresses indecently, how do you tackle the issue?

Advertisement Placeholder
Indecent dressing has been the major topic in some organisation , your dressing should be able to portray your business or works , so indecent dressing should be eradicated , most especially in school settings ,

I think that a manager must put his foot down and admonish the worker not to wear that kind of indecent dressing again. If it persists for a period of time after that, then stronger sanctions have to be upheld

I think that a manager must put his foot down and admonish the worker not to wear that kind of indecent dressing again. If it persists for a period of time after that, then stronger sanctions have to be upheld
Tackling indecent dressing depends on the organisation you are working for , some organisation gives their workers ,most especially the female workers the privilege of wearinwearning indecent clothing just to attract customers .

This is quite an astute observation. In these types of companies, it is hard to establish where the line is when it comes to indecent dressing so mostly it depends on the manager’s discretion.

This is quite an astute observation. In these types of companies, it is hard to establish where the line is when it comes to indecent dressing so mostly it depends on the manager’s discretion.
Exactly what i was trying to bring it on my last comment , in some organisation , the manager or the owner of the business gives their female workers to dress sexy just to entice more customers .

Exactly what i was trying to bring it on my last comment , in some organisation , the manager or the owner of the business gives their female workers to dress sexy just to entice more customers .
I also think it depends on the organization in question. A lot of managers use this tactic and instruct them to employ a charm offensive when it comes to customers. This attracts probably the male gaze and they are the gender believed to have money, so it somewhat makes sense to do so

The best way is to put your foot on the ground - it's as simple as that. If you observe any of your staff dress inappropriately, you correct and then communicate officially to the rest of the staff so there's no issue of non awareness.

If you're the owner of your business, your employees must do whatever you want them to do if it's not against the rule of the company. If your company doesn't allow indecent dressing then all your employees should accept the law.

In every organisation theree are rules and ethics,and behaviours that every employees needs to comply with,and that cannot be compromise,the rulles must be stated clearly to every staff to understand.

I also think it depends on the organization in question. A lot of managers use this tactic and instruct them to employ a charm offensive when it comes to customers. This attracts probably the male gaze and they are the gender believed to have money, so it somewhat makes sense to do so
What i mean by it depend on the organisation is that in the school setting , teachers are not allowed to dress indecently but look at the banking sectors and hotels , some of their workers dress to entice customers .

What i mean by it depend on the organisation is that in the school setting , teachers are not allowed to dress indecently but look at the banking sectors and hotels , some of their workers dress to entice customers .
This point gives credence to my previous assertion that in some fields of work, women are encouraged to dress a certain way in order to attract and pander to clients irrationally especially during negotiations and other business deals.

As long what it doesn't conflict with the company's policies, if you are the business owner, your staff must do as you say. All of your employees should respect the law if your business prohibits inappropriate attire.

You are not expected to have those kinds of people in your business, the best action to take is warning them, they need to change,if they don't listen I think you should send them away.

Plunging necklines, midriff-revealing crop tops, sheer fabrics, mini skirts, and dresses don't belong in the workplace. A man's unbuttoned shirt shouldn't show off his chest hair. When you wear revealing attire people may not respect your professionalism. And I really despise that

your employees must do whatever you want them to do if it's not against the rule of the company. If your company doesn't allow indecent dressing then all your employees should accept the law.

Some staff are fond of dressing in an indecent manner. Appearance is something that sells very well and once it's compromised, it affects the business sales.

Some of staff members never try to dress well because of there low dressing sense so I think business owner should give them a uniform just to attract the people more to their business.

I am working in a private organisation as a teacher and indecent clothing and mode of dressing is never allowed , you will be told to go home and change if you dress indecently .

This isn't a problem , it is the responsibilities of the business owner to create rules and regulation in the business. Your employees who are working under you will have to obey those rules. That's all.

It is very advisable to know what is going on in your company, if your staffs wear indecent dress to the work.
Departmental must be able to correct the indecency in their department before inform admin to take the final decision.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds