Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you manage businesses like these?.

These kinds of small business are better managed by someone you can trust. If you dont have that kind of manager then you better manage the business by yourself. You should check on the business everyday, keep a record of every transaction that goes on in the place and employ workers with good character.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think in situations like may be the owner can spare time to monitor the business at different occasions to enable him know the market inflow which could guide him on likely money to made..
I believe this to be the best you can do. Try to do random supervision.

Let it be as unpredictable as possible how often and when you check in on the business.

If you can't do this, the nesy will be to find someone you really trust, and a person who has been known to be honest. Such a person will not just turn on a crook overnight.

I will start by saying discipline is the way out in such business. These set of business are small scale business and needs someone with high money management skills to work with you. Why i said that is because the profit and sells are generated on a daily basis and to actualize real profit one must accumulate the daily sells to make profit. Hence, if you find it difficult to save little daily income do not engage in such small scale business.

If I have a barbing shoo for instance, I would handle it to someone who is close to me, like my son or a relative who is not financially stable. This way, they know I won't be giving them any financial support again. So they would not want to misbehave with the business.

First of all, like everyone has said, you'll need to have someone you can really trust run the place. That being said, you'll also need to have a sound POS system where every single transaction is captured. Also, I'd install smart CCTV and a fob for clocking in and out so you are always aware of this person's comings and goings. Over and above that, because you can never definitively know if the person's skimming off a bit from the takings, you just have to take the leap of faith.

The business dealing is depending on the, that how much you have experience and working about the business. An unexperienced person can't be handle the business. He is needed experience and time for doing business because an unexperienced person very well know about the business dealing and matters.

Businesses like laundry , barbing saloon and car wash are not busineses you can easily measure sales especially if you employ someone to manage them , in your opinion how do you manage or monitor such businesses such that you don't run at loss?.
These type of business requires much efforts and consideration for the development and progress. And also its not much paying works. If someone is willing to earn more money, he must be able to start this business at very large scale.

Hello I understand what you're trying to say these ,are the type of business that record can never be keep but if you are the manager of the shop the best way to manage that business or such business that fall under that category is for you to Hand over the entire business to who is working there and tell the person to pay you a certain percentage every month and that's all, if you expect to pay the worker a certain amount of money every month the person might bring down your business

Those businesses you mention can only be difficult to manage if you did not put proper things in place.

The first thing you need to hire the service of a tax and book keeping expert to prepare log book for you businesses.

Then you employ some to log in the clients that comes to your businesses in order to monitor the cash flow in and out of the business.

Anyone who is running such business shouldn't employ just anyone he see as a sales personnel.... He or she should make a thorough research and ensure that the person is honest, trustworthy and has integrity.... A person without integrity will end up ruining the business by stealing constantly because he or she knows that his boss doesn't know how much that enters the shop on a daily basis

They are businesses that can be run by the entrepreneur himself, I see no reason why he have to employ someone when the business actually varies in sales and income

They are businesses that can be run by the entrepreneur himself, I see no reason why he have to employ someone when the business actually varies in sales and income
Obviously the business can be run by the person but in a situation where he or she has businesses to attend or has a job , the need to employ someone to do the job or look for a better means to supervise the business.

The best way, in my perspective, is to hire qualified personnel you trust and delegate functions. You must if or if to place security cameras, which in a way will give you peace of mind and as a last resort, you will appear in the business without prior notice, without days or hours. In this way, the workers will always be active, considering that the employer will arrive at any moment.

In such cases you need to train your self to become disciplined with your earning. You can set certain amount of money to be saved daily on a compulsory doing. And also learn to delay gratification till later in the future. This will help you avoid spending as you make the money.

Having someone manage a service based business for you can be tricky and risky. You won't be there to know every services carried out and if the employee is the sly type, he wouldn't be completely honest with the returns. I suggest you invite a trusted family, probably your younger brother to manage it for you.

There is no way of effectively managing businesses like car wash,
laundry and barbing saloon even when you are there almost all the time, it is more difficult if you employ someone to manage them on your behalf. The only solution is to employ someone honest and loyal or a relative who you trust.

You can start this business where you find the suitable place for working
Your best introduction to your customer and behaviour will attract the people to join you again and again.
Mostly people visit only those saloon and carwash service where they get the proper service and good behavior.

Businesses like laundry , barbing saloon and car wash are not busineses you can easily measure sales especially if you employ someone to manage them , in your opinion how do you manage or monitor such businesses such that you don't run at loss?.
Management is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. Since organizations can be viewed as systems, management can also be defined as human action, including design, to facilitate the production of useful outcomes from a system. This view opens the opportunity to manage oneself, a pre-requisite to attempting to manage others.

I have to taught of this before. It is difficult to measure your sale if you employ someone to manage this type of businesses. But there are ways out. It is either you install cctv camera to monitor every activity or you give your employer some target to meet at every week.

I have to taught of this before. It is difficult to measure your sale if you employ someone to manage this type of businesses. But there are ways out. It is either you install cctv camera to monitor every activity or you give your employer some target to meet at every week.
This is one good way to monitor the business and there won't be any argument, thanks for this wonderful tips , I didn't even think of such, it is good to share opinions with different people because of different knowledge.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds