Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Strategies How Do You Choose Your Niche

Ideas, innovation, and strategy planning.
Credits
Generally speaking, there are four ways to choose a niche for your next project:
Choose a niche based on your interest
Choose a niche based on your knowledge
Choose a niche based on profitability
Choose a niche that everyone is choosing.
When you decide to create a new website, be it a blog or a forum, how do you choose your niche? What strategies do you use to decide on niche.

Advertisement Placeholder
I do a 3 step method in choosing my niche. This is particularly for blogging.

1. I choose a passion that I have. Choosing a topic based on trends and not passion is a bad idea. If you choose "crypto" for example and you know nothing about it, other competitors will always be ahead of you because they know a lot about it and you'll constantly struggle. Choose a passion that you absolutely love talking about.

2. Is there an audience online and is there other blogs for it? You want the answer to be yes for both. No other blogs could mean that audience isn't there or it's way to few to try to start something in the space. Make sure you have a target audience researched.

3. Can you monetize? Look at the biggest needs and wants of your audience and determine what type of product or service you can create for your blog.

These three steps is what I take to find my blogging niche. :)

I choose a niche I am familiar with and one I have a passion for most of the time. In other cases, it's because it's a niche that can bring in many different people. For example, Thee Zone is a general discussion forum that anyone can join. Blue Hedgehog is a blog about Sonic the Hedgehog, which happens to be my favorite gaming franchise and one I know quite a bit about. I'm not bothered by earning money from my websites, so I don't really think about monetization.

I think the #1 requirement is the need to have at least a working knowledge of the niche, if we are using the term niche as an area of specialization.
You cannot depend on others to bring knowledge to your site. You need to have a basis yourself to get it started, and hopefully some friends that can be onboarded with the same interests to help getting the site discussions going.

Choosing a niche is not something I take lightly and I am always cautious and tend to plan before I decide on a niche.

Most of the time, when I choose a niche I go for either something I have a big interest in or something that is not too popular. i have found success in both of those niches.

I used to always fall into the trap of starting a site based on something I thought was going to be popular, would never consider how much of an interest I had in it or whether it would be something I would enjoy working on full-time.

I soon learned the hard way that was not the way to do things and now I tend to choose niches that I have a strong interest in that I know I can provide content for without issue.

I used to always fall into the trap of starting a site based on something I thought was going to be popular, would never consider how much of an interest I had in it or whether it would be something I would enjoy working on full-time.

I soon learned the hard way that was not the way to do things and now I tend to choose niches that I have a strong interest in that I know I can provide content for without issue.
Well, I also like to go with popular options, when I say popular I mean a niche that can bring a lot of traffic and also a lot of revenue. If I do not have interest or knowledge, I will try to build interest and knowledge around it. There is nothing that cannot be learned. Exploring passion sounds good but you also need to think about whether you can become successful with it or not.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds