Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How are staff chosen on your forum?

Arariel

Website
w11.zetaboards.com
Credits
Depending on the forum, members can apply for staff positions, whereas on other forums it's only the current staff and owner who choose someone that is active and trustworthy. How does your forum do it?

I choose my staff based on trust and activity. My current moderator is a really nice guy, and has proven himself a good choice. I've made the mistake in the past of allowing someone to be a mod purely because they applied. Never again.

Advertisement Placeholder
Most of my admins are friends from another forum whom I know are very nice, active, and trustworthy. I don't need any staff right now, but if I did, I wouldn't take applications: I'd just hire users who were exceptionally good.

I have made pretty bad decisions while choosing. Most of the employees I choose at the time interview they say they will be active and they will do something for the forum. After getting selected they dont perform as per the standards.
Now a days I am only looking at the people who are most experienced and active on my forum.

I see who is posting a lot and who is active a lot. I also see who is putting the most valuable posts on my forum. I then approach them and ask them if they want to be staff on the forum.

It depends on the person. If it is someone I know quite well, then I just ask if they can promise to be dedicated and they're in. If it's someone I don't know as well, I'd probably set up an questionnaire or application.

We have done public elections and simply the moderators nominating a member for the position.

The way it worked for the longest time, is once you got staff, you had the power to nominate anyone for a staff position, and depending upon how many nominations that member got from various staff members, would help with the admins (or the TL) on hiring them, however you had to have 5 nominations to be even considered.

We also had public nominations, members nominated members and we had a election, just like one would have for president or congress. =P

I simply promote members that have been a good asset to the community and that I know I can trust, the old fashion way I guess.

Mine are done by the senior member of what ever group needs staff, as we have a few groups, and they know what they are looking for . But activity, trust normal things like that, but it is hard at times to find staff as i have just closed a thread looking for a member to join my team.

It really depends, what I am looking for really. Mine are usually done by the Team Leaders because I know they can be trusted to choose the right individual for the job. But there is certain things I tell the TL's to look out for though, activity because that is a key thing, warnings because I want a behaved individual on the team. I usually do this by the process of applications, because the better the application, the better the job!

Normally by filling out an application and submitting it to either an administrator or staff member.

The initial staff pool is chosen by me. After that, when a team is hiring, their leader will generally take care of it. They'll have members send them applications and post them in their teams board where team leaders, admins, and the team members of said team can discuss the user and application before hiring or not hiring them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds