Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hosting as of 2024

Advertisement Placeholder
For me.. I will ALWAYS dump the shared hosting and invest in a VPS. There are only a VERY few shared hosting providers that I trust to give adequate performance, and none of them are major big name companies.
You get better performance from the VPS offering and if done correctly with outside email sending (Amazon SES as one example) a much more resilient system. But many choose cheap over what offers the best performance in comparison.
We all need to remember.. you get what you pay for.
For those interested in getting away from shared hosting.. I highly suggest you investigate CentMin Mod. You will ultimately need and outside transactional email provider... but for $10 more a month you can host your own VPS instance also using something like Mail-in-a-box or similar.

If using XenForo... I'll be more than happy to answer questions here. Realize... I spend more time on my site and trying to obtain content for it, but I do check in semi-regularly as time allows. Currently I am out traveling in the RV investigating dark sites and generating content for my main website as time allows. And since I only have cellular access which is regularly Verizon slow, my response times may be slower. It doesn't help that my aged self tripped over a root and I destroyed my Surface Book in a drop and in my stupidity forgot to bring a spare PC so my interface is restricted to a stupid phone.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 2)

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations