Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hogwarts Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement Placeholder
I’ve been watching it as well, might also purchase it as I’m a big HP fan. Also just read that Warner Bros is awaiting JK’s permission to make new movies. 😃

Me and my kids are big fans of Harry Potter. I think they would enjoy this game. It's definitely something I'd have to keep an eye on. My only issue is only half of them have the latest consoles and the other half including myself are still on Xbox One S/X's. If i had the money to I would certainly upgrade so I could enjoy this title. Maybe in the future!

I am a hug fan of the Harry Potter series so I am very interested in this game. If you have a PS5 or the Xbox X/S or Windows then you will be able to get the game in February. If you have a PS4 or the Xbox One then you will be able to get the game in April. If you have the Nintendo Switch then you will be able to get the game in July.

So, I have a PS4 and the Switch. I initially bought a PS4 because they originally hadn't announced that they weren't going to release the game for the Switch. After buying the PS4, then they decide to announce that they will release it for the Switch. I'm actually thinking of getting this game for both consoles actually.

Since there wouldn't be Harry Potter in the game, I'm afraid it's not something that's going to interest me that much to get. But when the game is released and I get good reviews about it, I might consider it.

Since there wouldn't be Harry Potter in the game, I'm afraid it's not something that's going to interest me that much to get. But when the game is released and I get good reviews about it, I might consider it.
Even if there wouldn't be any Harry Potter in the game, it doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game. Just keep your mind open towards the game till it comes out.

Well... given how it's currently going on Steam. We've seen player-added tags of 'capitalism', 'villain protagonist', 'transphobic', 'anti-Semitism' and 'pro-slavery'.

We've see it being the most purchased game on Steam in recent times, and we've seen full scale shouting matches on Twitter where buying it is apparently exactly the same as being transphobic, supporting anti-Semitism etc.

I'm honestly not interested in the game despite my history with HP because it doesn't actually look like fun and spiders brr brr brr.

When it comes to buying products, I try not to let the lifestyle of the original creator sway my purchase. You are technically supporting them in a way, but it's like hating on someone for believing differently than you, even if it has its extremities. I purchase what I enjoy generally, but I can still understand wanting to boycott the product if it's directly supporting someone that believes a way you do not or has beliefs that are disruptive to society. I can see it going both ways, to be honest.

Has anyone got this game so far ? It's coming out tomorrow for PS4/5 and I'm probably gonna purchase it.

I have no right to ask this, but if you're considering buying it, please don't. I've been an absolutely massive fan of the Potterverse for a very long time, but I cannot and will not be purchasing anything further that profits someone who feels people like me are a threat simply for existing. She is a disgrace and while she had no input into this game, she benefits from it. It hurts to ask, but please stay away from the Potterverse, if the time comes that her ties are severed, then by all means go for it, but while she profits from others and smears people she doesn't understand she will have none of my money. I won't stop anyone and I won't be upset at those who do, because after all in the grand scheme of things it is just a game, but I am asking for just a moment of consideration before you purchase.

I honestly have been a big fan of Harry Potter for so many years too, but admit I never was super into the lore as some Potter fans are/were. I loved the first 1-4 movies, then just stopped afterwards. Same with even the books. I along with so many others find JK Rowling's views and takes to be crappy. I, however, do not agree or support attacking people who are playing the game, streaming the game, etc.

Noooooo. :cry: I purchased the deluxe version but PS4 is not until April. Really disappointed as it was unclear the PS4 version is not playable yet.

I'm not interested in the game. I just never really liked Harry Potter and I have so much that needs to be played.

Finished the main story today! I have over 32+ hours in the game already and still plan to spend probably another 10 or so to complete all of the side quests.

I have no right to ask this, but if you're considering buying it, please don't. I've been an absolutely massive fan of the Potterverse for a very long time, but I cannot and will not be purchasing anything further that profits someone who feels people like me are a threat simply for existing. She is a disgrace and while she had no input into this game, she benefits from it. It hurts to ask, but please stay away from the Potterverse, if the time comes that her ties are severed, then by all means go for it, but while she profits from others and smears people she doesn't understand she will have none of my money. I won't stop anyone and I won't be upset at those who do, because after all in the grand scheme of things it is just a game, but I am asking for just a moment of consideration before you purchase.
What are you talking about? There's literally a transgender character in the game. I should know, I talked to them like five times. And telling people not to buy a game because of something someone who has no association with the game - other than creating the Potterverse, is wrong on so many levels. Those developers worked hard on this game and they deserve to get praise for creating something so passionate and amazing.

I don't consider someone's personal feelings or beliefs when consuming.

I believe Rowling has indicated that she believes sales of the game reaffirm her position on the anti-trans situation, i.e. that a buying of the game indicates the purchaser supports her viewpoint. Certainly, many trans folks take the view as well that anyone who buys the game is not an ally in any sense of the word.

Just because there is a trans character in game does not make the game pro-trans. It just means it was put in to deflect against the criticism of Rowling.

And make no mistake: you buying the game still supports Rowling. It keeps the name relevant, which keeps *her* relevant and exposes her views to more people. And it also means there's a chance people will be reminded of the books/movies and spend money on them which *will* go to her.

I believe Rowling has indicated that she believes sales of the game reaffirm her position on the anti-trans situation, i.e. that a buying of the game indicates the purchaser supports her viewpoint. Certainly, many trans folks take the view as well that anyone who buys the game is not an ally in any sense of the word.

Just because there is a trans character in game does not make the game pro-trans. It just means it was put in to deflect against the criticism of Rowling.

And make no mistake: you buying the game still supports Rowling. It keeps the name relevant, which keeps *her* relevant and exposes her views to more people. And it also means there's a chance people will be reminded of the books/movies and spend money on them which *will* go to her.
I fail to see how that correlates. The game is a game. I don't care what her viewpoints are. I purchased the game and enjoyed it because of the content therein. If you judge every book by its cover, you'll miss a lot of good reads. But this thread is about the game.

I stand by my view that the game is fun, allows you to explore the world of Hogwarts before Potter and should be given its fair chance on its own merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds