Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Help me improve Forum Admin Forum!

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
Howdy folks,

I've started Forum Admin Forum with the basics. I tried to have fewer categories and sections to start. But I'm willing to add what you want to be added.

Some things I won't add. If the core forum features can do it, I won't add anything to take that away. I also won't add distractions like chat boxes.

But if you want to see new sections/boards/sub-boards, let me know. I want this forum to better serve you as an online community owner.

Thanks for helping me make FAF an awesome community!

Advertisement Placeholder
Perhaps an separate introduction thread and an ‘ask me anything about myself/skills.’ In an attempt to make it a little more personal and introduce each other?

Agreed. Would be better for the community involvement.

I've separated the New member intro Section from being a sub-board and made it a parent board under Off topic.

I've added a sub-board to New Member Intro called Ask Me Anything

https://www.forumadminforum.com/ask-me-anything/
Enjoy :cool:

It is noticeable even after two weeks, but I just wonder if others have noticed as well? Shawn replies to Dilip and Dilip replies to Shawn, with occasionally one or two others chipping in.

People came, some did a one liner or showcased their forum in the forlorn hope it would attract posters from similar dead forums with nothing to say and disappeared. Maybe others came looking for ideas and found admin asking them for ideas instead. Isn’t that a bit back to front? Perhaps some came looking to create a topic they had a view on and found they couldn’t, but could only reply to topics posed by Shawn and Dilip who were asking them questions instead.

Its head spinning. No sooner has a topic emerged than it’s swamped by bucketful’s of others arriving one after another in a never ending procession and all asking questions. Is there a limit on this? Say 5000 topics before it stops?

Is it just me, or is trying to talk about “Forum Marketing” to forum admins that can barely scrape together two or three active posters a bit of a waste of time? “This section is full of experts …” Really?

Still early days, but I think the next few weeks will decide whether this forum succeeds, fails or becomes a clone of the other ‘admin’ forums out there all using the same format. What makes a forum successful? Now there’s a topic question that is asked but doesn’t get a lot of answers. :)

It is noticeable even after two weeks, but I just wonder if others have noticed as well? Shawn replies to Dilip and Dilip replies to Shawn, with occasionally one or two others chipping in.

People came, some did a one liner or showcased their forum in the forlorn hope it would attract posters from similar dead forums with nothing to say and disappeared. Maybe others came looking for ideas and found admin asking them for ideas instead. Isn’t that a bit back to front? Perhaps some came looking to create a topic they had a view on and found they couldn’t, but could only reply to topics posed by Shawn and Dilip who were asking them questions instead.

Its head spinning. No sooner has a topic emerged than it’s swamped by bucketful’s of others arriving one after another in a never ending procession and all asking questions. Is there a limit on this? Say 5000 topics before it stops?

Is it just me, or is trying to talk about “Forum Marketing” to forum admins that can barely scrape together two or three active posters a bit of a waste of time? “This section is full of experts …” Really?

Still early days, but I think the next few weeks will decide whether this forum succeeds, fails or becomes a clone of the other ‘admin’ forums out there all using the same format. What makes a forum successful? Now there’s a topic question that is asked but doesn’t get a lot of answers. :)
Don't take everything too seriously. It's a forum, it's a hobby. Will it end someday? Most probably, all things end sometime. When? When the admin gives up. Can we enjoy the journey to the end? Most definitely. I noticed your older reply about people spamming each others board. It's been like that for ages since the beginning of forums, and it's called backlink, not spam.

You have an interesting point of view and in many cases I tend to agree, but honestly, tone down the negativity once in a while, you'll live a much happier life. :)

Don't take everything too seriously. It's a forum, it's a hobby. Will it end someday? Most probably, all things end sometime. When? When the admin gives up. Can we enjoy the journey to the end? Most definitely. I noticed your older reply about people spamming each others board. It's been like that for ages since the beginning of forums, and it's called backlink, not spam.

You have an interesting point of view and in many cases I tend to agree, but honestly, tone down the negativity once in a while, you'll live a much happier life. :)
You do know this is a ‘no follow’ site, so you’re not going to get any backlinks here and as for the links out, would you want backlinks from dead forums? Yes, I suppose I do take it seriously, but I suspect underneath it all others also do. Why else would they be here? The danger is that people will come here to find answers, but if all they find is questions, they'll leave. :)

Last edited:
The forum is new Kris. Dilip and I go way back, too, like 10 years way back. I'm enjoying being able to connect with my old friend again. :)

I ask everything in question form. I'm not looking for advice, I'm trying to get a discussion going. It's just my style of topic creation. I like to ask questions because it usually results in engagement.

There is no limit of posts here. :) I like to post a lot. Dilip likes to post a lot. And I welcome people to post a lot.
That's me adding copywrite to the descriptions. It's merely an experiment. I'll write articles about it too to help other forum owners :)

LOL, whatever you say buddy. I can see why you had issues on TAZ.

Lighten up dude...

The forum is new Kris. Dilip and I go way back, too, like 10 years way back. I'm enjoying being able to connect with my old friend again. :)

I ask everything in question form. I'm not looking for advice, I'm trying to get a discussion going. It's just my style of topic creation. I like to ask questions because it usually results in engagement.

There is no limit of posts here. :) I like to post a lot. Dilip likes to post a lot. And I welcome people to post a lot.

That's me adding copywrite to the descriptions. It's merely an experiment. I'll write articles about it too to help other forum owners :)

LOL, whatever you say buddy. I can see why you had issues on TAZ.

Lighten up dude...
Well, perhaps I should ‘lighten up’ and tell everyone about an awesome image of a cat with a green tail that’s sure to go viral and draw in posters? Would that sort of post fit in? My reference to posting isn’t the amount of poster replies which are already slowing down, but the never ending amount of topics. You like to ask questions, but it doesn’t look like members are that keen on answering them.

I just say what I think and yes I appreciate this forum is new, but is it heading for TAZ mark 2? What are the differences between here and TAZ because currently it just seems to be a copy? Members of TAZ came here hoping for something different? If you were hoping for another ‘WebmasterWorld’ I don’t think that’s going to happen, but somewhere you could get information from as opposed to a lighten up suggestion. As I said, let’s look into the future of the next few weeks and see where the current format goes. :)

If you were hoping for another ‘WebmasterWorld’ I don’t think that’s going to happen, but somewhere you could get information from as opposed to a lighten up suggestion.
I wasn't hoping for that...

Were you?

In that case, why don't you make the next big webmaster forum? I mean you're fine being a backseat moderator and backseat forum owner telling me this forum's future.

Let's see you do better?

I wasn't hoping for that...

Were you?

In that case, why don't you make the next big webmaster forum? I mean you're fine being a backseat moderator and backseat forum owner telling me this forum's future.

Let's see you do better?
Looks like I’ve touched a raw nerve. As you’ve previously said, "lighten up dude?" :)

I didn’t set up this forum, you did and if you haven’t already realized its knowledge and content of the topic that drives success and not the amount of hard work you put into it, perhaps you’ll now realize I’ve said what I have. Yes Shawn, I think both myself and others were hoping you knew about the subject and would provide us with information unavailable elsewhere.

The owners of dead forums came here to find answers from you not members of other dead forums, because they haven’t a clue as to why they failed either. Trying to get information from them to later create your own successful monetized forum is a pointless exercise. Yes Shawn, it is obvious. ;)

I don’t have a forum, I have a small blog because I already know that unless someone has very specialized knowledge, forums are a thing of the past. The successful ones have been going for years and they don’t concentrate on topics such as where are you going for your holidays in them.

Could I do better? No. But I already know that and you didn’t which is why you started the forum and not me. There again, there are tips and tricks that don’t necessarily guarantee success as there’s no magic formula, but they help. Let’s see if you can work out what they are as it’s your forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds