Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have your workers called a meeting for you?

Credits
When it comes to how business is done and everything about management taken into consideration, it's the business owner who calls meeting with his entire workforce.

On the other hand, have there been a situation where your workers called a meeting and informed you they wanted to have a sit with you about an issue they would like addressed?

Advertisement Placeholder
When it comes to how business is done and everything about management taken into consideration, it's the business owner who calls meeting with his entire workforce.

On the other hand, have there been a situation where your workers called a meeting and informed you they wanted to have a sit with you about an issue they would like addressed?

I have witnessed meetings taking place every day. This happens in certain workplaces, especially in many telemarketing companies where they may hold a meeting every day. However, it may not be the case in many places. In many places they avoid conducting meetings all the time because employees may think that this has become a norm.

This has happened to me once. Then I was involved in some acts against the organisation's rules and I need to be sanctioned. They called a meeting to know the right punishment for me.

We have had a meeting for our boss once. It was when our salary was delayed for 4 days without being paid. We had to call a meeting for him during our break time and he was kind enough to respect it and give us an ear. After the meeting, he made us understand it was the bank he used for payment of salaries the fault was from. He's given a standing directives for salaries to be paid every 2 weeks on the 14th.

I think it depends on what the meeting is about. I see no issue with employees wanting to have a meeting with their employer, especially if they have to raise concerns and other issues and the boss isn't responding or giving them the time of day otherwise.

I think it depends on what the meeting is about. I see no issue with employees wanting to have a meeting with their employer, especially if they have to raise concerns and other issues and the boss isn't responding or giving them the time of day otherwise.

I will also point out that there are some employers that can be very inconsiderate when it comes to listening to the complaints of their workers and they will never be interested in answering them on any meeting that they call to have his attention in order to clear some things up for them.

I will also point out that there are some employers that can be very inconsiderate when it comes to listening to the complaints of their workers and they will never be interested in answering them on any meeting that they call to have his attention in order to clear some things up for them.

I think that businesses could definitely suffer due to this behaviour and the employees must also be careful regarding this. They must not be negligent about their duties. A boss may call a meeting in order to discuss this problem quite commonly if thing are going wrong like this.

I think that businesses could definitely suffer due to this behaviour and the employees must also be careful regarding this. They must not be negligent about their duties. A boss may call a meeting in order to discuss this problem quite commonly if thing are going wrong like this.

It is always very good for you to have a listening ear as a business owner because your workers are the ones that are actively invested in the day-to-day running of your business to have a better chance of having information that you might not have which they ought to pass to you for you to be able to make decisions.

I have never myself been called into a meeting to discuss issues when I have worked out of the home and in a workplace but I do know people who have in the past and they are usually called in for things such as mistakes they may have made or to be called up regarding an issue that has arisen.

I do not see any issues with meetings being called especially not for individual employees if it is needed. It means something can be dealt with more personally instead of letting the whole workplace know.

Any boss who neglected the call for concern raised by his workers doesn't have any good intentions for them. Such a business doesn't have workers who are loyal for long time. If any opportunity come for them to leave the job, they won't think twice about it.

It is always very good for you to have a listening ear as a business owner because your workers are the ones that are actively invested in the day-to-day running of your business to have a better chance of having information that you might not have which they ought to pass to you for you to be able to make decisions.

Well, this is something not all the bosses may understand. An employee might be offering a great solution to the problem. In many cases, the opinion of the employee should be considered. In many cases, the bosses do realise that employee is right. However, they still never consider the opinion of the employee.

Well, this is something not all the bosses may understand. An employee might be offering a great solution to the problem. In many cases, the opinion of the employee should be considered. In many cases, the bosses do realise that employee is right. However, they still never consider the opinion of the employee.

It is always very frustrating for a worker whenever their employers are not giving them a listening ear when they are trying to make it known to them about some challenges they are having in carrying out their job because they will still end up blaming the workers for not being productive in the end.

My workers have never called a meeting for me but I have witnessed a situation where I once worked were by a meeting was called because a staff went home with the company's property.

I do not have experience with running a big business with a lot of sales, huge turnovers and a lot of workers. I have managed only small businesses where I had less than 5 staff members. Therefore, there are never been instances where the workers called for a meeting. However, my staff frequently came to nbe talk about work related issues.

My workers have never called a meeting for me but I have witnessed a situation where I once worked were by a meeting was called because a staff went home with the company's property.

For a worker to go home with the company's property is something that is weird and if it's not for business purposes, it can actually be seen as theft unless there is a very good reason why the person did that. Even at that, he is supposed to inform the management or any of his superiors that he wanted to go with the company's property and get approval for it.

It is always very frustrating for a worker whenever their employers are not giving them a listening ear when they are trying to make it known to them about some challenges they are having in carrying out their job because they will still end up blaming the workers for not being productive in the end.

This might be quite frustrating and I think that this is also one of the main reasons why the employer and the employee must collaborate with each other and they must understand each other. There are many goo bosses out there and there are many great employees out there who listen to each other and co-operate with each other.

I am guessing that such meetings will happen at my back. Is there a reason why they should be having a meeting without letting me know? Maybe they should inform me and even when they don't want me in such meetings, I will want to know what happened at the end of the meeting.

I am guessing that such meetings will happen at my back. Is there a reason why they should be having a meeting without letting me know? Maybe they should inform me and even when they don't want me in such meetings, I will want to know what happened at the end of the meeting.

Well, probably it may be a meeting for them to decide if what they have in mind is good enough to be brought to your attention. The essence of the meeting is to know if every worker is in support of the move to contact the boss for that purpose. When they don't have a concensus, that's the end of the move.

Well, probably it may be a meeting for them to decide if what they have in mind is good enough to be brought to your attention. The essence of the meeting is to know if every worker is in support of the move to contact the boss for that purpose. When they don't have a concensus, that's the end of the move.

Well, in case if the meeting was called specifically for a person, then I think that it may be a rare case. usually meetings are called when there is something important to discuss about business in a much broader manner and this usually involves all the people who might be relevant to the topic of discussion.

Well, in case if the meeting was called specifically for a person, then I think that it may be a rare case. usually meetings are called when there is something important to discuss about business in a much broader manner and this usually involves all the people who might be relevant to the topic of discussion.

When there is a reason that the workers should have a kind of agreement before they meet their boss for any particular reason to make sure that everyone is on the same page is the reason why they usually hold his kind of meetings.

I can give you a very good instance where the tenants of a house usually hold meeting to discuss about whatever is going on in the apartment building where they all living before they will call their landlord's attention to discuss the situations.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds