Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have your customer tried to scam you?

Credits
Scammers can be found anywhere and businesses are no exceptions when it comes to having scammers trying to get one over your eyes and make away with both your business products and your money.

I have had a customer who once send me a fake transaction payment alert. What saved me that day was because I will always log into my account to confirm the payment actually came in before approving the products release.

We wait for 30 minutes, the money never came in till he had to send another payment which came in and he never got any reverse from the first fake alert he sent me.

Advertisement Placeholder
Scammers can be found anywhere and businesses are no exceptions when it comes to having scammers trying to get one over your eyes and make away with both your business products and your money.

I have had a customer who once send me a fake transaction payment alert. What saved me that day was because I will always log into my account to confirm the payment actually came in before approving the products release.

We wait for 30 minutes, the money never came in till he had to send another payment which came in and he never got any reverse from the first fake alert he sent me.
We always have a camera in all field so I think that when I was operating a provision shop a customer come and use someone else name to collect goods and he didn't pay when I ask it's was a fales claim I believe that was customer scam

I have been scammed by my customers many times. I have been delivering services since 2012 and delivering products since 2017 and all through these days I have been delined payments from many customers. I think it is a common phenomenon if you work online.

I have been scammed by my customers many times. I have been delivering services since 2012 and delivering products since 2017 and all through these days I have been delined payments from many customers. I think it is a common phenomenon if you work online.

This is why i always recommend people to be at the safe side when it comes to dealing with customers. Being refused when it comes to receiving your hard earned money could be painful. This is why services such as Escrow should be used by many people who sell products online.

I laugh, i am a Nigerian staying in Nigeria, and this is a country where people tend to act smart so that they can out-smart someone else not knowing if the person is just looking at them allowing them to act smart just to see the outcome for example my boss Wednesday the business where what was supplied to him was more than what was supposed to be and the person in the business was someone that he's been friends with for a long period of time.

Back when I worked on fiverr, I think there was a couple users who tried to scam me. I also encountered a few people who literally stole my topic ideas and even wrote the same posts as me, sometimes word for word. I remember some people not reading my gig on there, as I told everyone to message me before buying. So I'd get people who'd order from me wanting to do things I don't do. So I'd have to go through the steps of cancelling the order, wasting my time and hurting my ranking.

I'm glad to be done with fiverr though lol.

Back when I worked on fiverr, I think there was a couple users who tried to scam me. I also encountered a few people who literally stole my topic ideas and even wrote the same posts as me, sometimes word for word. I remember some people not reading my gig on there, as I told everyone to message me before buying. So I'd get people who'd order from me wanting to do things I don't do. So I'd have to go through the steps of cancelling the order, wasting my time and hurting my ranking.

I'm glad to be done with fiverr though lol.

People tried to scam you on Fiverr? Well, doesn't Fiverr have an Escrow system that allows both the buyers and sellers to protect themselves from scammers? I thought that they had a system like that. However, I have never used them. many sites like Freelancer and Upwork have this system.

The best way to prevent getting scammed online is to receive payment for your products or services before delivery. You will never know if a client is honest, so you don't take the risk of delivering your products or services first. If he doesn't want to pay first, he's a scammer.

The best way to prevent getting scammed online is to receive payment for your products or services before delivery. You will never know if a client is honest, so you don't take the risk of delivering your products or services first. If he doesn't want to pay first, he's a scammer.

This is why using the Escrow services could be the best option for you in case if you want top sell or buy anything. I think that different kinds of countries should develop a perfect system where they could trace and track scammers. Online scams leads to huge losses. It actually led to losses of billions of dollars annually.

This is why using the Escrow services could be the best option for you in case if you want top sell or buy anything. I think that different kinds of countries should develop a perfect system where they could trace and track scammers. Online scams leads to huge losses. It actually led to losses of billions of dollars annually.
Average freelancers can set up payments using Escrow services. If it's possible and easy, most people will be making use of it and it's going to put an end to getting scammed from delivering a job and your client will refuse to pay.

I have actually been scammed online by a client so it's no longer about whether or not it happened because it did. I was a novice them and way too trusting too that I made such a mistake.

I have actually been scammed online by a client so it's no longer about whether or not it happened because it did. I was a novice them and way too trusting too that I made such a mistake.
I could actually happen to anyone. Not everyone that you transact business are sincere and genuine. There are people who are out to scam and take advantage of anyone that are venurable...

Average freelancers can set up payments using Escrow services. If it's possible and easy, most people will be making use of it and it's going to put an end to getting scammed from delivering a job and your client will refuse to pay.

The main problem with using escrow service is that they are clearly not available in many countries. This makes it possible for scammers to scam people. never will you ever find any scammer using escrow service because they know that they cannot use such services. I really wish if such escrow services were available everywhere.

We always have a camera in all field so I think that when I was operating a provision shop a customer come and use someone else name to collect goods and he didn't pay when I ask it's was a fales claim I believe that was customer scam

I find it very difficult to sell my farm products (fishes and chickens) on credit to anyone. They are not the kind products you sell on credit on anyone for any reason whatsoever.

If you don't have cash or be able to transfer the money, I won't sell them to the person. I won't even give it out in the name of another person.

I find it very difficult to sell my farm products (fishes and chickens) on credit to anyone. They are not the kind products you sell on credit on anyone for any reason whatsoever.

If you don't have cash or be able to transfer the money, I won't sell them to the person. I won't even give it out in the name of another person.

I have never heard about a wholesaler selling fishes on credit. However, there are many shopkeepers and even many retailers who tend to give chicken on credit. I also purchase chicken on credit from our local shop. However, I think that wholesalers may also do that if they trust the retailers.

The main problem with using escrow service is that they are clearly not available in many countries. This makes it possible for scammers to scam people. never will you ever find any scammer using escrow service because they know that they cannot use such services. I really wish if such escrow services were available everywhere.
I've never bothered to find out if I can make use of escrow payment services for receiving payment in my online jobs. I've been fortunate to have clients who pay without too much fuss. None of them have tried to scam me. I had a small problem with Forum Promotion in my last payment but they later paid it.

I could actually happen to anyone. Not everyone that you transact business are sincere and genuine. There are people who are out to scam and take advantage of anyone that are venurable...
I have learnt my lesson from that actually. It's not possible to scam me these days unless you really don't want to do business. As a freelancer, your clients should at least make a deposit before you start working.

I've had one or two experiences and it was very bad. A situation where the customer ask for a service and decide not to pay at the end of the day. It can be frustrating and disappointing. This has not stopped me with doing my best in ensuring that I treat all the customers in the best way that I can. I want them to have that satisfying feeling after transacting with me.

I've had one or two experiences and it was very bad. A situation where the customer ask for a service and decide not to pay at the end of the day. It can be frustrating and disappointing. This has not stopped me with doing my best in ensuring that I treat all the customers in the best way that I can. I want them to have that satisfying feeling after transacting with me.

I have been in this situation several times years ago when I was still building my online freelancer reputation. I had to do some jobs before being paid for it. Some clients that are dishonest will never pay. I have lost more than $300 to such dishonest buyers.

I have been in this situation several times years ago when I was still building my online freelancer reputation. I had to do some jobs before being paid for it. Some clients that are dishonest will never pay. I have lost more than $300 to such dishonest buyers.

I am sorry to hear about this. Getting scammed by a person or a customer could be heartbreaking and this should never happen to anyone, especially during times when many people are suffering from economical issues. People deserve to be paid on time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds