Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Have you transitioned your forum to phpBB 3.1 yet?

Credits
As many of you may already know, phpBB recently released their latest version, phpBB 3.1. This new version introduced a lot of changes that are probably for the better in the long haul, but it is a pain for people like me who have phpBB 3.0 forums with custom themes and complex MODs installed that will be very difficult to move over.

Anyways, if you own a phpBB forum, do you have it on phpBB 3.1 yet? If not, when do you plan on making the transition?

Advertisement Placeholder
Ugh. phpBB 3.1 is a pain. They basically released a software with nothing on it. It's literally got the bare minimum they could release; there wasn't even a working cash mod until FP made one a few months ago. Then, a default feature in phpBB 3.0 (profile comments) has absolutely no support or default functions yet. phpBB 3.1 is a nightmare.

I think many people who used 3.0 dislike 3.1, and for those newbs, 3.1 is amazing. xD

I like it, it has some quirks, but I like it. The support team there is slow and well...not at all helpful, even if they are volunteers, MyBB is actually better in that respect. Overall I like phpBB, cannot wait for phpBB 3.2 coming out soon, should fix a ton and add some new stuff. ^.^

I think many people who used 3.0 dislike 3.1, and for those newbs, 3.1 is amazing. xD

I like it, it has some quirks, but I like it. The support team there is slow and well...not at all helpful, even if they are volunteers, MyBB is actually better in that respect. Overall I like phpBB, cannot wait for phpBB 3.2 coming out soon, should fix a ton and add some new stuff. ^.^
I think this is a pretty good summary. If you had phpBB 3.0 with the powerful extensions and such, you'll be very disappointed that 3.1 at this point is just a framework to what 3.0 was; with the only major addition being notifications.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds