Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you lost anyone close to you?

Mjc

Recognized member
Credits
I lost my classmate when I was still in college. He was so close to me and he died in a mysterious way. He was fetching water and all of a sudden he slumped and died instantly.
I have fortunate not to lose any of my blood relation or siblings or even my parents.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have lost many relatives some of which I was really close to and others that I wasn't as close to and I have also lost friends over the last few years as well that I was pretty close to as well. I also lost my cat last July as well who we had for 12 years which hit pretty hard, still miss her even now.

I lost my grandfather last 3 years and I still miss him so much because he was very close to me when he was still alive. He's aged well because he died at the age of 98 but I still needed him alive because he tells me so much old stories of his young age.

I have lost some relatives, but none of which I was really close to. My dad recently lost his aunt in a car crash.

I've had very few friends throughout my life, so it's safe to say I haven't lost any of them.
It's more very painful when the person who died is very close to you. It would feel like they have thorn out a big part of you and destroyed it.
I lost my grandfather last 3 years and I still miss him so much because he was very close to me when he was still alive. He's aged well because he died at the age of 98 but I still needed him alive because he tells me so much old stories of his young age.
I'm so sorry for your loss @Sparr . It's hard losing a loved one.

This is such a hard conversation, but I know it's eye opening for those around us to know that we've all experienced loss in some form! I'm posting some of the ones that were a bit harder on my heart, but goodness I've had so many losses at this point.

- My mom died when I was 2 in 1995, she was 28. She had an illness that I don't like to share online platforms much - but it was coming regardless. She apparently was pretty bad right before the end.
- My dad died on June 6th, 2022 he was 58. He had brain cancer that we discovered last April and he was given 3 months, but only gotten 2 months.
- Lost my bestfriends grandpa who became my grandpa in 2021 he was 81 - I think it was old age, he did have heart issues, so perhaps his heart just quit... I can't recall.
- Lost several friends - Taylor, and Smial are the ones that have been hardest on my heart. Taylor and I had been setting up plans to go on a date. We had been friends in high school and I moved back and I reached out. He had been delivering pizzas, and he was found murdered. Smial - he was also a friend I once was super close to, he was bestfriends with one of my ex's and we had gone on several double dates together and everything. Smial had a flat tire and pulled off of the highway and someone ran into him/his car and died.

So sorry to hear you've lost so much, @Reverie! My best friend also lost his two parents. I live with my two parents and I couldn't fathom losing them at such a young age.
I've definitely relied on my grandmother a lot due to this. I also have my bestfriends family who has become a 2nd family thankfully. I have in-laws now too, but getting used to that whole concept. It's a bit unimaginable though to lose people that close at a young age. Definitely have to make the most of the time you have with your parents, it's also what has helped me I think cherish time with people in my life in general so much.

I've definitely relied on my grandmother a lot due to this. I also have my bestfriends family who has become a 2nd family thankfully. I have in-laws now too, but getting used to that whole concept. It's a bit unimaginable though to lose people that close at a young age. Definitely have to make the most of the time you have with your parents, it's also what has helped me I think cherish time with people in my life in general so much.
I'm glad to hear you have so many people in your life you can look up to and you know how to cherish the moment with them!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds