Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever received far too much traffic? Or DDoS attacks?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I know oftentimes that traffic can cause issues with your server. But, have you ever been taken down because of how much traffic your site(s) got? I figure it could be a problem for smaller sites with less server space. I know that some people do DDOS attacks, to take sites down for a while. Has that ever happened to your site?

Advertisement Placeholder
Of course, I remember a mentor of mine then when creating a payment portal for a higher institution of learning back then. We got an overload in under 2 hours and had to pause payments for the rest of that day.
I've never seen such buzz before, it's like they were waiting for us to launch

That is why it is good to have a good web hosting package for our websites. I have used a webhost company before that sometimes my website do go offline and that is because the bandwidth is not unlimited

Not at all, I am not much into blogging these days but even when I was fully into blogging, I never receive enough traffic talkless getting too much traffic.

Nope, I have never experienced such. Although am not into blogging at the moment but with my little experience I have never received such before
Thanks

Well as you have said this particular kind of case is very minimal and not generally occurred. so I have not experienced such before.

Yes.
This has happened to me before and I think the idea of DDOS is not really advisable because it doesn't sort for solution

Not to me personally, but I think I'm acquainted with someone who had to go through it because the payment processor for his platform kept getting more requests than they could handle.

Definitely any site that doesn't have enough server space is bound to experience such challenges of having a traffic and the site might be taken down,it is good to design you web page to contain the unforseen as well

I have never had such an experience before where my site have to be taken down because of the sudden upsurge I traffic at a time. That's why it good to buy sites with large bandwidth instead of a smaller one

I think I have never experience such thing before because I am not into blogger or whatever, and also I don't really have a website that I can encounter such.

I have never have such experience ,I have never been into blogging , but I know traffic helps to attract and makes your site interesting , having a good traffic will be great

Even though I don't have experience on how website works, but it is really interesting reading comments by educated individuals of this forum on different issues. There are really so much to learn here apart from making money.

If you are using shared hosting, and if you receive volume traffic, your site might crash. However, this has not happened to me, I have never been able to receive a large traffic.

I know oftentimes that traffic can cause issues with your server. But, have you ever been taken down because of how much traffic your site(s) got? I figure it could be a problem for smaller sites with less server space. I know that some people do DDOS attacks, to take sites down for a while. Has that ever happened to your site?
I think you will only experience this when you are a blogger. I'm not a blogger in the main time, but I'm planning to be in the nearest future.

Is it very good to use unlimited hosting for your website if you are going to receive huge traffic from the internet in the nearest future. This will give you a website capacity to receive any amount of traffic.

Having too much traffic is something I haven't encountered from any of my sites. It sounds rare though because I hardly read or hear of such incidents.

This has not happened to me but recently I noticed DDOS attack on the forum I visit daily to make some cash. Due to this DDOS attack the forum was offline for 2 days. I think Bizdustry has also been through this. Cloudflare is tackle this issue

I have not actually experienced this personally but I have been in websites where it tend to happen often. Just like it happened here a few weeks ago and it's not funny at all.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds