Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to fire someone due to drug abuse?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has there ever been a time where you had to fire an employee because they abused drugs and it caused issues with work? I haven't had to let anyone go because of it, but I know a guy who had to fire someone from his business after one of his employees was abusing drugs on the job. He gave the guy another chance, but he was later caught again abusing drugs. Have you ever had to let someone go because of that?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well personally I see drugs abuse as a personal situation to which you are not supposed to engaged yourself too quickly but you can gives advise to the person involved under normal circumstances if it does not affect your business.

I cave never employ an addicted drug user to start with, unless I don't know and the moment I get wind of it, you are leaving my organization. They are generally unstable and I wouldn't like their instability to be brought to manifests in my business organization.

I have never been in a position to fire someone from work before but when that happens in the future I'll probably not tolerate a drug addict. Anyone that uses drugs cannot be able to make a good decision in my own perspective so there is no need entertaining such people in my business.

Personally I believe there are some issues that are always personal and it's not supposed to be compromised if it does not affect your business.

I will only advise him or the person, but I won't fired him from work.

At the moment i do not have someone working under me so i have not done this before, but i think in such a situation the best thing to do would be to let them go, especially in a situation where their drug abuse is seriously affecting their performance in the business.

Has there ever been a time where you had to fire an employee because they abused drugs and it caused issues with work? I haven't had to let anyone go because of it, but I know a guy who had to fire someone from his business after one of his employees was abusing drugs on the job. He gave the guy another chance, but he was later caught again abusing drugs. Have you ever had to let someone go because of that?
This is necessary step to be taken anytime a worker is found to be drug abused. By firing him after several initial warnings without correction, then he should be fired. This become necessity so save the business from avoidable accidents likely to be caused by the erring workers. It would also serve as warnings to other workers.

I have not fired anyone because of drug abuse because few that have worked with me before are responsible people who don't abuse drug. To be candid, the best treatment to give to an employee that's abusing drug is sacking because they don't usually turn a new leaf.

Well, I have never employed a drug addict and I know how crazy it may be when you employ a drug addict and the addiction is having some negative effects on your business.

Drug and substance abuse is a serious case scenario and whosoever thats into drug working for an organisation will negatively affect the business in some ways , maybe mistreat customers or irritate them with the smell .

Personally I think to fire someone due to issues of drugs abuse, will pushed him more into drugs and I believe if the drugs does not affect his duty, I will only encourage him to stopped but not to fire him from work.

They are addicted, and a simple warning won't help. Firing them can cause issues with the worker, and he might use drugs even more. However, if the person has no desire to get better, there is no other choice but to fire the worker.

I have never been in a position where I have had to fire anyone due to drug abuse but I have seen people who have had to be fired due to drug abuse and even in some cases alcohol abuse as well.

A lot of the time you see the person get fired and then left to deal with everything on their own and I never feel that helps at all and only makes things worse. In some cases them turning to something like drugs could be a cry for help but if their boss just fires them and washes their hands of them, how are they helping?

Drug abuse it is not something you can engage yourself into, alot of people have been fired at work because of this that is why is not encouraging to engage into such thing because one can loss he/her job because of that.

Some people are fired even for smoking during hours of work because job owners consider it is a time waste to leave your post once an hour or every 30 minutes to smoke cigarettes and be back so it leaves a bad impression on workers.

Drug misuse can jeopardize the safety of the working environment that employers are obligated to provide for their employees. Drug addiction can also result in absenteeism, lower productivity, and higher healthcare expenses for the business. To find workers who are using drugs, employers may decide to institute drug testing programs.

Well personally I see drugs abuse as a personal situation to which you are not supposed to engaged yourself too quickly but you can gives advise to the person involved under normal circumstances if it does not affect your business.

There is no way I am going to allow or employ someone who have a drug abuse history to work for me and even if I don't find out when I hired a person initially and I found out later, I am definitely going to fire the person from working for me.

People or employees are not supposed to be on drugs when they are working because it could affect their work rate. So if someone is found taking drugs while he is still on duty . He is fired from his position for drug abuse..

People or employees are not supposed to be on drugs when they are working because it could affect their work rate. So if someone is found taking drugs while he is still on duty . He is fired from his position for drug abuse..

I won't even have to wait to find out when any of my staff or worker is using drugs while at work. Once it's discovered that you're using and I have some evidence to tie the worker to using drugs, he or she will be getting relived from the post given in the company.

I won't even have to wait to find out when any of my staff or worker is using drugs while at work. Once it's discovered that you're using and I have some evidence to tie the worker to using drugs, he or she will be getting relived from the post given in the company.
Drugs abuse would not only be harmful to the staff who takes it but would also have some negative effects on your company if eventually people find out that such things goes on in your company premises...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds