Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to fire someone due to drug abuse?

Drugs abuse would not only be harmful to the staff who takes it but would also have some negative effects on your company if eventually people find out that such things goes on in your company premises...

Those kind of persons are capable of becoming a huge destruction in your business. They might be involved in illegal activities you can never tell and it might lead to having your business sacked when they are caught up. Those set of people are not worth having around in anything.

Advertisement Placeholder
Those kind of persons are capable of becoming a huge destruction in your business. They might be involved in illegal activities you can never tell and it might lead to having your business sacked when they are caught up. Those set of people are not worth having around in anything.
People who are addicted to drugs are very difficult to control especially when they have need to take or sniff those drugs. Most of them do not care what happens to them until they satisfy their need.

People who are addicted to drugs are very difficult to control especially when they have need to take or sniff those drugs. Most of them do not care what happens to them until they satisfy their need.

Some of them over use and even pass out when they are supposed to work. I have seen a lot of it happening with musicians. Most of usually make use of drugs whenever they have live performance to carry out. Lil Wanye have passed out on stage once as a result of drug over dose. Imagine if your staff passed out at work as a result of drug over dose.

Some of them over use and even pass out when they are supposed to work. I have seen a lot of it happening with musicians. Most of usually make use of drugs whenever they have live performance to carry out. Lil Wanye have passed out on stage once as a result of drug over dose. Imagine if your staff passed out at work as a result of drug over dose.
One thing is that I would not condole such behavior in my business. It is either you choose to be useful to your self and the business or find yourself outside the business. The youths are more involved in these menace...

Has there ever been a time where you had to fire an employee because they abused drugs and it caused issues with work? I haven't had to let anyone go because of it, but I know a guy who had to fire someone from his business after one of his employees was abusing drugs on the job. He gave the guy another chance, but he was later caught again abusing drugs. Have you ever had to let someone go because of that?

I live in a country where there are many people who use drugs. However, many drug addicts are not able to get a job due top obvious reasons. I do not think that any company would even hire any kind of drug addict in the first place.

I never have had to fire anyone for drug abuse but I have once fired a guy for alcohol abuse. Despite multiple warnings, he continued to show up to the workplace drunk. I was tolerating him for a long time, however, when he started picking a fight with other staff, I had to fire him.

One thing is that I would not condole such behavior in my business. It is either you choose to be useful to your self and the business or find yourself outside the business. The youths are more involved in these menace...

Well, I have also seen many elderly people who became drug addicts. They are also homeless people. This is why I think that many employers are reluctant to hire them. Many such kind of addicts also become shoplifters and they are involved in theft as well.

Well, I have also seen many elderly people who became drug addicts. They are also homeless people. This is why I think that many employers are reluctant to hire them. Many such kind of addicts also become shoplifters and they are involved in theft as well.
Criminal activities are usually associated with drug abuse. Drug addicts do not always concentrate on the job at hand as they always think about the next drug they are to consume. This leads to them committing crime all the time..

I never have had to fire anyone for drug abuse but I have once fired a guy for alcohol abuse. Despite multiple warnings, he continued to show up to the workplace drunk. I was tolerating him for a long time, however, when he started picking a fight with other staff, I had to fire him.

Unfortunately, his addiction to drinking alcoholic beverages was more important to him than his job. He definitely doesn't have any responsibilities to take care of for his job not to be his priority. I also drink alcoholic beverages and I know how it knocks me out whenever I'm drunk. There's no way anyone can work in such state.

No one with drug abuse problem should be hired to work. Drug addicts need help and not work. They can be unpredictable which isn't healthy for your business. I will only hire someone with drug problem but have had help and become better. If you're still using any hard drugs or Cannabis, I will not hire the person.

No one with drug abuse problem should be hired to work. Drug addicts need help and not work. They can be unpredictable which isn't healthy for your business. I will only hire someone with drug problem but have had help and become better. If you're still using any hard drugs or Cannabis, I will not hire the person.

Well, there are many drug addicts who are not able to work and their condition is quite miserable. I have seen many of them and they can be found in many streets as well. The main problem here is that they cannot work, even if they are able to do so. They need treatment initially.

Criminal activities are usually associated with drug abuse. Drug addicts do not always concentrate on the job at hand as they always think about the next drug they are to consume. This leads to them committing crime all the time..
A drug addict is going to steal your business money to buy his drugs. If they don't have access to where the office money is kept, they will steal the company's products and sell them off to get money for their drugs. Those people are very bad to be employed by any business.

I don't even understand the reason why someone who is actually aware that he or she is suffering from a drug addiction problem would be looking for a job. I can understand that someone who never had a drug addiction problem might later start experiencing that when he is already on a job. When that is found out, the person have to be relieved of his duties so that he's going to take care of himself.

Has there ever been a time where you had to fire an employee because they abused drugs and it caused issues with work? I haven't had to let anyone go because of it, but I know a guy who had to fire someone from his business after one of his employees was abusing drugs on the job. He gave the guy another chance, but he was later caught again abusing drugs. Have you ever had to let someone go because of that?

I have not fired any of my staff because of a drug abuse, but my boss at the workplace has done for many times. He has this rule that people that are coming to work should keep certain attitudes at home and focus on working and once you fail to comply, you are preparing to be sent home from work.

I have not fired any of my staff because of a drug abuse, but my boss at the workplace has done for many times. He has this rule that people that are coming to work should keep certain attitudes at home and focus on working and once you fail to comply, you are preparing to be sent home from work.

There's no good that's going to come from having someone who does drugs in your business workforce. They will always mess up your business because they are not in their right senses most of the time. When they are high on drugs, they won't think well and when they haven't done drugs, they will be restless.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds