Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to deal with a co-worker backstabbing?

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
There's no place you won't find wickedness in people. It's even more at workplaces and it's sort of the reason why I don't take any chances at work. I focus on doing my job and going home. I might talk with a few coworkers but everything ends at work. Some coworkers will smile in your face and turn to stab you in the back if they have the chance.

In corporate life.. (and even governmental life).. it's part & parcel of the job.
EVERY job I've every had (for the last 50 years) has involved it.

There are opportunists everywhere (in real life and online) who seek to overthrow you for their own gain. Yes, I've had it happen to me, and I came out the victor each time. My reputation far exceeded the others who were visibly manipulative.

Well, in my time in financial services, it was absolutely part and parcel, and the biggest rule was 'keep the receipts'.

I ended up working in smaller companies - marginal opportunity cost in terms of salary - but where there were also far fewer opportunities for office politics. It's not like there *aren't* politics, but it's distinctly reduced, quite pleasantly so I might add.

I've had a coworker say F-you like 20 times in a row to my face and later on called me the kitty cat word. I told the boss and she had to talk to him like a 5-year-old. He did this just when I said "I'm 27 and I've never had a girlfriend". I guess he was insecure about the stereotypes of today's society where people generally deem you homosexual or un-masculine if you're single for life by a certain age.

I had a coworker who would often say I wasn't helping them. Not sure if it was to backstab me or because they really did not recall all the things I did for them. Bothered me quite a bit. I quit helping her after that and she finally stepped up to plate and became a bit more independent. Otherwise no - I really have been lucky at work. If something was done and it hurt me some how, it was never done intentionally.

Over the course of my career, I've dealt with pos co-workers who thought they could treat me like shit. I've had people complain about me and I've had people say mean things to me. 15 years on the job and I've outlasted every one of those people while they either got fired and sent home, or they quit.

Nowadays there's a huge political agenda with people. In that case, you have to especially watch snake behavior.

Nowadays there's a huge political agenda with people. In that case, you have to especially watch snake behavior.
This is true, I had to deal with hearing my coworker complain about Biden and any time we bring up something about the housing market, food/gas prices, etc he always says "It's because your president Biden made things more difficult", bro he's everyone's president in the United States whether you like him or not lol. He's been in trouble before for saying some racist, and transphobic things in the past. I'm pretty sure he's the one who would get upset if I went to help the other clerk when I was still brand new to the department, I would only go and help whenever I had downtime. My supervisor had to tell both the other clerk and myself that I wasn't allowed to go over and help anymore and that I needed to fill my time with doing something else instead. I know he's told on other people before.

This is true, I had to deal with hearing my coworker complain about Biden and any time we bring up something about the housing market, food/gas prices, etc he always says "It's because your president Biden made things more difficult", bro he's everyone's president in the United States whether you like him or not lol. He's been in trouble before for saying some racist, and transphobic things in the past. I'm pretty sure he's the one who would get upset if I went to help the other clerk when I was still brand new to the department, I would only go and help whenever I had downtime. My supervisor had to tell both the other clerk and myself that I wasn't allowed to go over and help anymore and that I needed to fill my time with doing something else instead. I know he's told on other people before.
Well, whatever side you're on, it's just an opinion, but I'm not bringing mine up on the job.

Thankfully, this has not happened to me yet. By the way, I never mingled too much with my coworkers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds