Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever given business advice to a friend?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
I am fairly reluctant to do this myself as something could go wrong and then my friend would thereby blame me.

I don't think it is a good idea to recommend something to a friend or family member when money is very much on the line.

Have you ever given business advice to a friend?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have not only given business ideas to my friends and family but even tried to discuss ideas where we both could work. Sadly, none of the people I have given business ideas and pitched ideas to work together have ever taken an interest. Generally speaking, most people are not interested in someone else's ideas, they want to work only with the ideas they have decided on.

This is something that I consider to be very normal and I don't see a reason why you can't give advice to a friend if they ask for it. I have done it countless times just that I don't bother to check if they took it in or not.

I've given a business advice to a friend who was making some mistakes on how he's managing his business. It kept making his customers take advantage of him and his business in a bad way. I had to advice him on how best to maximize his business management and it's worked for him.

As much as I do own my own businesses, I have never been someone who has given advice to a friend regarding business.

I wouldn't say it is not something I would never do if they asked for my advice and I could help, I would without a second thought but I have always been someone that waits for others to ask for help and advice rather than jumping in and throwing a load of advice their way as I feel that can be overwhelming and wouldn't want to make others feel that way.

If any friend or family member comes for any business advice. We could both discuss about the business ideas and look at the merits and demerits of the ideas. It is left for the person to make his final decision so that you don't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong...

It is very important for you to be careful when it comes to giving people business advises which they are going to execute in their business. This is because whenever such advice doesn't bring positive results, they are most likely going to blame you for whatever the outcome it becomes. I don't give business advice to people unless they ask and I will tell them it's a suggestion.

If any friend or family member comes for any business advice. We could both discuss about the business ideas and look at the merits and demerits of the ideas. It is left for the person to make his final decision so that you don't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong...

Well, I do not think that I would be able to offer any kind of advice until or unless i myself have enough experience in order to offer the best advice. The fact remains that I may offer some really bad advice if i do not have experience and the other person may suffer as a result of that.

Well, I do not think that I would be able to offer any kind of advice until or unless i myself have enough experience in order to offer the best advice. The fact remains that I may offer some really bad advice if i do not have experience and the other person may suffer as a result of that.

Problem with some people is that they are not going to apply whatever advice that you have given to them exactly the way you instructed them to do it. Whenever they fail to do that, they are going to suffer the consequences which they will still turn and blame you for being the reason why they were not successful without having to accept the responsibility that they didn't do exactly what you asked them to do.

You do not need to be in such business before you offer a good advice to anyone in business. Most times the advice could pertain on how to manage a good business which most times are common knowledge for those that reads..

It is very important for you to be careful when it comes to giving people business advises which they are going to execute in their business. This is because whenever such advice doesn't bring positive results, they are most likely going to blame you for whatever the outcome it becomes. I don't give business advice to people unless they ask and I will tell them it's a suggestion.

Telling them that the advice is a suggestion is a good way to go about it. I am not going to get too much involved in anyone's business unless there is an agreement that they trust me as a business advisor. You should look at it from the angle where, they see you as business partners and not friends before you can lend their tips to them.

You do not need to be in such business before you offer a good advice to anyone in business. Most times the advice could pertain on how to manage a good business which most times are common knowledge for those that reads..

Well, on the contrary, I think that a person with vast amount of knowledge and experience must be the one who should be offering the right kind of advice. This is because such kind of person has the know how about the business.

Well, on the contrary, I think that a person with vast amount of knowledge and experience must be the one who should be offering the right kind of advice. This is because such kind of person has the know how about the business.
There are people also who job is mainly building capacity, they do not run a business but they are into training top management official on ways to run a successful business. So that is my take..

In my experience, people do not like when someone starts giving advice. They will not listen to you unless they have specifically asked you to speak on certain things. I have also noticed that while giving advice, most people act like they are experts. People give advice on almost anything even when they do not have first-hand experience. I once heard someone, who never owned any business, giving business advice.

Telling them that the advice is a suggestion is a good way to go about it. I am not going to get too much involved in anyone's business unless there is an agreement that they trust me as a business advisor. You should look at it from the angle where, they see you as business partners and not friends before you can lend their tips to them.

Seriously, there are some people who would never appreciate anything you do for them. If it's advice, they will use it against you, if it's money, they will nag that it's not enough. It's why whenever I see most of them come asking, I will inform them that it's only a suggestion. They should decide what to do with it or not.

Seriously, there are some people who would never appreciate anything you do for them. If it's advice, they will use it against you, if it's money, they will nag that it's not enough. It's why whenever I see most of them come asking, I will inform them that it's only a suggestion. They should decide what to do with it or not.

Well, this is also one of the main reasons why I think that offering advice to a person may not be fruitful at all. This is because if a person is not interested, then he may never pay any attention to your advice. You would be talking to walls.

Well, this is also one of the main reasons why I think that offering advice to a person may not be fruitful at all. This is because if a person is not interested, then he may never pay any attention to your advice. You would be talking to walls.

It's not that the business advice wouldn't be fruitful but because they don't understand that business works in both ways. It may be for or against you. They will not be good in their risk management, so when they lose too much, they will end up blaming you for the advice you have given them but when the business is going well, they wouldn't say anything.

It's not that the business advice wouldn't be fruitful but because they don't understand that business works in both ways. It may be for or against you. They will not be good in their risk management, so when they lose too much, they will end up blaming you for the advice you have given them but when the business is going well, they wouldn't say anything.

Well, honestly speaking, the field of business is quite vast. This is why it might be possible that you may not receive the right kind of advice even from an experienced person as the business trends might change a lot. You may also receive many different advice from different people.

Well, honestly speaking, the field of business is quite vast. This is why it might be possible that you may not receive the right kind of advice even from an experienced person as the business trends might change a lot. You may also receive many different advice from different people.

Before you start giving business advises to person whom want to start any business or already have a business but they are having serious challenges, you must be very knowledgeable in the field otherwise you can't have much to advise them with. When you're being told anything from one who's not an authority in that field, you're definitely going to know.

Before you start giving business advises to person whom want to start any business or already have a business but they are having serious challenges, you must be very knowledgeable in the field otherwise you can't have much to advise them with. When you're being told anything from one who's not an authority in that field, you're definitely going to know.

I am quite sure that when it comes to offering business advise to someone, a person must be an expert himself. The fact of the matter remains that offering bad advice may also damage the relationship between you and others, especially if you are working as a professional financial adviser.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds