Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever been sued by another business for having a similar name or logo?

I know of a business owner whose logo and name has been copied by another person, sometimes I Even see similar and the same business names in different places but they don't sue each other.

Advertisement Placeholder
I know of a business owner whose logo and name has been copied by another person, sometimes I Even see similar and the same business names in different places but they don't sue each other.
Don't you think it is better for you to report such a person to the original business owner?. Or do you just feel like mind your own business?. I think there are people who do such things by mistake.

Personally I have not had such experience but I have seen a numbers of business who are into such situation and I always try to ask myself how comes people will have similar or almost same business logo and names.

I have never been involved in such condition but we know it happens sometimes, because I have seen something like that it happened to my friend to have the same logo in the company.

I've never been sued by any company, and I would never want to be. I try my best to keep things original and unique. We can take inspiration from others' success, but don't just copy them as it is.

Business registration is usually handled by the corporate affairs commission and they are responsible for checking all this kind of stuff before you are even allowed to start using it.

I have never been involved in such condition but we know it happens sometimes, because I have seen something like that it happened to my friend to have the same logo in the company.
Sometimes, things like this are very much avoidable. A simple research would have saved your friend from such a situation. No business venture will allow you to take the logo or name for your own business.

I've not been in such a situation before but the last business I had when I discovered the name I choose was being used by another company I immediately changed it. Sometimes things like this cannot be avoided so it's best you carry out research to know if the name you are choosing is already being used.

I have not ever experienced it, but I have seen people who were forced to delete their website because of the issue you create. Those big brands will first reach out to you and ask you to change your name or logo and that if you refuse to do, they will sue you. It's wrong to copy or steal other creativity. It's a punishable offence.

Same too. I have never been sued. But It is not wise to set a business or sites name without making good research on them, because the name might be taken by another user.

Whenever I try to make a logo, I make sure that the logo does not resemble other famous brands or companies. This is a great way to avoid problems in the future.

Whenever I try to make a logo, I make sure that the logo does not resemble other famous brands or companies. This is a great way to avoid problems in the future.
That's very wise of you, this is supposed to be the habit of everyone, when trying to make anything new not only logo's it's very good to know if someone has that very same thing.

A website owner will avoid such practices and make little inital search about a company logo before placing it because most of logos and slogans are trademark means some risks.

Before making any logo or anything in business, you need to make researches on people that have that same thing, not doing that will only lead you into trouble.

Well I have never been sue for anything, though I usually hear it on the internet that people or companies do sue one another because of plagiarism and others.

I think that this should not even happen because there is a regulatory body that registers all company names, and all of these things must have been seen on their database.

Well I have never been in such cases and to some extent, such kind of cases is not that prevalent like others. because I believe every business entrepreneur most have undergo studies that will enable him avoid suck happenings.

I have seen businesses that had to battle it out in court because of things like this even though I think that it is something that should not be an issue. Nobody should copy another person's logo.

Have not found myself in such a situation before. I don't see the reason why you would copy the logo of another company,.where as you could design yours and it will look very unique and special specifically for your business.

Actually I have never been sue for any case of copyright or plagiarism when running either a business or even at school. All I try to do, is to do what is right and avoid problems from others.

Personally I have not had such kind of experience that's why it's always advisable for everyone before setting out a business name, undergo a research to as to avoid any clash in name or logo.
Have not found myself in such a situation before. I don't see the reason why you would copy the logo of another company,.where as you could design yours and it will look very unique and special specifically for your business.
Actually it's good you never had such experience before. But I can assure it's quite possible to make your own logo design and later discover is very or perfectly similar to that of any company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds