Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Have you ever been banned?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have.

I've been banned from a few forums for posting too much. I can do some serious posting if I'm in the right mood. My posts were good quality, too, they just didn't like me posting so many times a day.

I don't agree with that being a reason to ban, personally.

I got banned from the SMF support forum temporarily. I deserved it to be honest. I was accused of not finishing a theme job. The problem was I didn't make themes. They guy accused me of being the same person who ripped him off. I took it to heart and overreacted. It led to me getting banned temporarily, switching forum software, and losing a good friend in the process (we've made our peace later on).

I was younger then and a different Shawn. Nowadays, I'd react a lot differently, mainly using the ignore feature :LOL:

Aside from that, no other bans. I'm usually a good boy Haha

I was banned from a forum I used to be an admin of. There were some power issues between other admins and the rest of us decided to create our own site. The owner of the forum we left ended up banning the rest of us.

From what I remember I have only ever been banned once on a forum and that was for a very stupid reason. I was a member of a forum back in 2004 and I became a regular member there and met a lot of cool people. I was promoted to the moderator and unfortunately, at least two of the moderators didn't like me for some reason so they would make life difficult for me. In the end, they accused me of something I hadn't done and I got banned for it. I just kind of left the forum after that and never bothered with it, next thing I knew, it was gone and had closed.

I haven't been banned on forums ever since I started using it 5 years ago. But as for social media sites especially on Facebook, I have been banned countless times than I can remember. I'm even tired of creating a new account.

I haven't been banned on forums ever since I started using it 5 years ago. But as for social media sites especially on Facebook, I have been banned countless times than I can remember. I'm even tired of creating a new account.
I too have been banned constantly on Facebook especially when I used to run Facebook meme pages. People would report my posts and get my accounts disabled or post blocked/banned allll the time. This was during the 2010-2012 era of Facebook or so.

I can recall a handful of times I was banned somewhere. Most of the time it was for the crime of using the feedback forum for its intended purpose. I recall one forum where the admin didn't want anyone posting in forum adverts in the advert forum unless they were staff of the forum being advertised. I argued that was a dumb rule that should be changed and one thing led to another which resulted in 8 people including myself being banned along with driving the entire staff team with the lone exception of the owner to quit on him which actually killed the forum soon after.

Another good one was the ban I got on ZNB while I was a staff member. He clearly didn't like me and then banned me with the reason listed as " This is me not liking you. Cheers." What he didn't know was that I had access to the member's section of the ACP which was a feature that ZB had where people could be given partial access to the ACP while not being an actual admin. This access wasn't tied to my usergroup so I was able to undo his ban then PM the owner which led to him resigning to escape being fired which is what would have happened if he hadn't quit first. Needlesly to say, the entire community unanimously celebrated his retirement and I ended up taking his place in the end. lol

I can recall a handful of times I was banned somewhere. Most of the time it was for the crime of using the feedback forum for its intended purpose. I recall one forum where the admin didn't want anyone posting in forum adverts in the advert forum unless they were staff of the forum being advertised. I argued that was a dumb rule that should be changed and one thing led to another which resulted in 8 people including myself being banned along with driving the entire staff team with the lone exception of the owner to quit on him which actually killed the forum soon after.

Another good one was the ban I got on ZNB while I was a staff member. He clearly didn't like me and then banned me with the reason listed as " This is me not liking you. Cheers." What he didn't know was that I had access to the member's section of the ACP which was a feature that ZB had where people could be given partial access to the ACP while not being an actual admin. This access wasn't tied to my usergroup so I was able to undo his ban then PM the owner which led to him resigning to escape being fired which is what would have happened if he hadn't quit first. Needlesly to say, the entire community unanimously celebrated his retirement and I ended up taking his place in the end. lol
Who was that? :ROFLMAO:

Good lord... That sounds like some BS but glad this had a good ending! I hope that things are going well for you nowadays, though! I've not seen your username on a forum in a while.

But yeah, I tend to not use my first name as a username for that reason. Kale is so easy for somebody to recall/remember or any username.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds