Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Has vB been completely passed over?

Belthazar

Loyal member
Credits
vB is pretty quickly going downhill in term of use. Everyone who wants looks and features in a software is going to IPB or xF instead of vB. vB still owns the market for companies and people who want tight security in their software; but they've lost a ton of people lately. Has vB been passed over completely by IPB and XenForo?

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm not sure why anyone would us VB, it's literally a paid version of MyBB. It even looks similar to the 1.6x version of MyBB. It doesn't have many modern features, and I have yet to actually come across a nice theme on VB; I've seen nicer on Zetaboards.

It's really a shame, VB was awesome but they never really updated a new version to compete to XF and IPB's new modern looks a features. I don't even join forums hosted on VB anymore, the software itself is confusing and annoying to even register on, let alone use. You can get better features, themes, and plugins for free forum softwares, and that itself should say something.

I'm not sure why anyone would us VB, it's literally a paid version of MyBB. It even looks similar to the 1.6x version of MyBB. It doesn't have many modern features, and I have yet to actually come across a nice theme on VB; I've seen nicer on Zetaboards.

It's really a shame, VB was awesome but they never really updated a new version to compete to XF and IPB's new modern looks a features. I don't even join forums hosted on VB anymore, the software itself is confusing and annoying to even register on, let alone use. You can get better features, themes, and plugins for free forum softwares, and that itself should say something.
I actually don't have that big of an issue with it. I'm a member of a few political forums, and they all use vB. As weird as it may sound, all the members love it. Back on PDF (if you remember it) we went from vB to xF and had to switch back because the members hated xF so much. It's weird, but the reality of some forum genres.

Yes, I believe they are being passed over. With all the recent problems that they have had, that isn't helping either. I think they are a sinking ship and people that are using them are migrating to other software.

Yes, I believe they are being passed over. With all the recent problems that they have had, that isn't helping either. I think they are a sinking ship and people that are using them are migrating to other software.

That's unfortunate. RIP vB. You served me well in the past but you just have too many problems now. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, yada yada...

XenForo and IPB have added so many innovative features while vB stays the same. I feel that most of the users are in need and want some changes every now and then. vB has stopped doing heavy changes in its design and in its functions. There are some security updates which do not really interest the simple people who participate in forums in order to have fun. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds